Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Whats Love Got To Do With It T-shirt Design?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:53 PM

A very Simple Vector text design but i dont know how to match dang fonts i want the 2nd font to be kinda scripty but i cant get away with it! thoughts?

Edited by TheDreamer_EJoy, 14 August 2009 - 01:49 AM.

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:08 AM

I like the top 2 designs. The first one with the script...can a little bit more space be put between the cross and the letter "h"

Like us on facebook

#3 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:26 AM

I agree the first two but im not sure the script works but ya.. let me do that...

#4 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:50 AM

There changed it!

#5 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:05 AM

I think with the cross not touching the "H" is better. Do you like it better?

Have you tried making the cross the color of "to do with it?"

I like this design, Showed to my daughter, she would buy it . She likes the top 2 designs also .The youth group kids would love it.

Like us on facebook

#6 tsmith

tsmith

• Designer
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:39 AM

I like the top left most. It feels most fluid and joyful to me, which I think is what you are trying to portray. The top right is 2nd but the "Everything" font feels a bit too commanding and bold.

#7 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:45 AM

I like the top left most. It feels most fluid and joyful to me, which I think is what you are trying to portray. The top right is 2nd but the "Everything" font feels a bit too commanding and bold.

OH YA I FEEL GOOD! lol WE HAVE A WINNER! lol I think im going to go with the um upper left! Thanks so much you all and every one else you can all still put your input in i will decide the final in the next couple days! Ya I will try the uh um cross that orange color too! i can always do variations! and ithink im going to do like one all purple on a red shirt maybe glittery that would be cool!

#8 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:13 PM

IF any one else has anything else to say speak soon! I am about to release the Design so... ya!

#9 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:40 PM

OH BROTHER The top font "Whats love got to do with it?" Is TOO BLOODY SMALL for printing! because the lines are less then .06 inches! OY The design wont look as good if I change the Font! Any tips? or Ideas what the DEVIL i can do!?!?!

#10 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:37 PM

simply make them thicker. Which will mean you'll need to use less lines to keep the look.

#11 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:26 AM

simply make them thicker. Which will mean you'll need to use less lines to keep the look.

wich means i have to convert the font to outlines and manual thicken them.... oy.... hmm gues it could work though....

#12 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:40 AM

wich means i have to convert the font to outlines and manual thicken them.... oy.... hmm gues it could work though....

a bit of a nuisance though

#13 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:41 AM

what font did you use?

Like us on facebook

#14 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:22 AM

"Akka" and it doesnt look as good with the lines thickened.....

#15 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:31 AM

"Akka" and it doesnt look as good with the lines thickened.....

Does the site have a certain template size for text across the shirt? Most of the designs I do are between 9 1/2 to 11 inches wide. So this design with the font "akka" if it is sized lets say 10 inches wide ..does that make the lines thick enough?

Like us on facebook

#16 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:00 AM

Does the site have a certain template size for text across the shirt? Most of the designs I do are between 9 1/2 to 11 inches wide. So this design with the font "akka" if it is sized lets say 10 inches wide ..does that make the lines thick enough?

nope! they are WAAAAAAAAAAAAY to small still but um what site do you use?

#17 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:36 AM

I typed out Whats love got in the akka font sized at 10 in across....the skinniest line in the "w" says it is .4167. above you mentioned thicker than .06 if it is .06 than this .4167 should be ok?

I would check into some fonts that might be close to this but thicker lines , have you done any searching yet? When I have a client that wants a certain font and it just won't work, I ask the client what is it about the font that you liked, what is it about the font that catches you eye. After finding that out we both do a search based on key word description and toss around a couple of examples and end up with a better design because the client took the time to think about what it is/was they liked and wanted. This doesn't work for everyone but for most yes.

I do not sell my shirt designs. I design for a couple different companies, one a screen printing/ sign company another being an apparel manufacturing/distribution company and other freelance/contract work

sharie

Like us on facebook

#18 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:43 PM

I typed out Whats love got in the akka font sized at 10 in across....the skinniest line in the "w" says it is .4167. above you mentioned thicker than .06 if it is .06 than this .4167 should be ok?

I would check into some fonts that might be close to this but thicker lines , have you done any searching yet? When I have a client that wants a certain font and it just won't work, I ask the client what is it about the font that you liked, what is it about the font that catches you eye. After finding that out we both do a search based on key word description and toss around a couple of examples and end up with a better design because the client took the time to think about what it is/was they liked and wanted. This doesn't work for everyone but for most yes.

I do not sell my shirt designs. I design for a couple different companies, one a screen printing/ sign company another being an apparel manufacturing/distribution company and other freelance/contract work

sharie

uh thats funny..... because it aint saying that on my computer! oh im confused! and yes i did but i didnt find any fonts i liked

Edited by TheDreamer_EJoy, 18 August 2009 - 03:46 PM.

#19 seanb

seanb

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:02 AM

The bottom two don't read as well as the top two. I personally like the top left, the cross stands out more which lends it more weight. Nice work.

#20 HWorks

HWorks

• Designer
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:19 PM

Try making the cross a BIT thinner. On the first one, of course. I think it's the one working best. Also, try to aligh the first two lines, what love got to do with it. You already got a color mismatch and also trying a font size one can make it a bit confusing. It also depends on how dinamic you want it to be. Tell me what you think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users