&nsbp;

#1 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:25 PM

shirt idea inspired by my 3yr old.
The story - My daughter was playing with my wifes hat before we were going to put her to bed. well she put the hat on and said "I'm a rock star" but after a full day of playing her hair was messed up a bit and it reminded me of a lil redneck.. So I told my wife Look at our lil Redneck Rockstar. LOL
Then I thought it'd be a good shirt idea.
Posted Image

here is the logo that would go w/ it.
Posted Image

Not quite sure I really like the "rockstar" font.. but?

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:56 PM

Cute shirt idea. I like the logo but the grass or what ever it is looks odd..does it have a meaning to the logo? The way you reversed the text in and out of the star is nice. What does it look like with the pigtails behind the text rockstar. The font is ok but have you played a bit with some goofy maybe 3dish or outlined fonts, some of those a very redneck looking

I did a logo for guy here in washington state. He produces Redneck wrap. wrapping paper with redneck themes. He wanted the red/white/blue on the logo because "redneck" for the most part is american. Any way it was a fun logo design.

You have a real cute idea here

sharie

Like us on facebook

#3 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:08 AM

Cute shirt idea. I like the logo but the grass or what ever it is looks odd..does it have a meaning to the logo? The way you reversed the text in and out of the star is nice. What does it look like with the pigtails behind the text rockstar. The font is ok but have you played a bit with some goofy maybe 3dish or outlined fonts, some of those a very redneck looking

I did a logo for guy here in washington state. He produces Redneck wrap. wrapping paper with redneck themes. He wanted the red/white/blue on the logo because "redneck" for the most part is american. Any way it was a fun logo design.

You have a real cute idea here

sharie

I have a cute little girl so it's all her fault. lol

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm still playing with font ideas for the Rockstar part so it doesn't quite get as lost as this one does behind the pig tails. For whatever reason I have to have them in front. I may go w/ something more "rockstar-ish" since the drawn redneck is kinda fun or kid friendly and unorthadox as lettering.

When I think of "redneck" I think of a farmer chewing on a piece of straw driving his tractor through the fields. or a guy w/ a mullet. LOL that's where the straw coming out of the start comes from.

I'm also not sure if I should add a little shading to the face or freckles. It's about time to go home so I'll sleep on it for now.

#4 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:15 AM

Shading would look great but... how will it be printed, how it is printed and tshirt budget tells me how to create the design.

Like us on facebook

#5 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:32 AM

Shading would look great but... how will it be printed, how it is printed and tshirt budget tells me how to create the design.

Actually this version will be for my sisters Desk top image. I'm going to get a side by side pic w/ my daughter and the image. They look alike (sorta) lol.

I'll actually make one for printing type shirt and one for a 4 color screen.
One will be submited to finroo and the other locally. Unless I find a local guy that does more than just screen printing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users