Illustrator and Freehand

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Vicki

Vicki

• Designer
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 08:37 AM

Hey, I know you guys are probably the best people to ask, so I was just wondering a few things about Macromedia Freehand and Adobe Illustrator.

I haven't used them before but I really want to learn...if anyone has any good sites where they started off from, that would be great.

Also, which one do you prefer and what kinds of things do you create with both/either programs? What types of specialized things does it have that makes it different from other graphics programs? I've heard its great for designing logos and vector art.

Any basic information for a Illustrator/Freehand newbie is greatly appreciated :D Thanks a lot! ;)

#2 Qbee

Qbee

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:25 AM

just google some on "illustrator tutorials" and "freehand tutorials" and you're ready to learn! :)

No idea which one's best.. I haven't used freehand yet but I muct say I like illustrator loads!

#3 naomidodds

naomidodds

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 12:20 PM

im having the same problem, i cant get hold of illustrator though, i'm going to get my software guy to hook me up with quark and illustrator

#4 Xdreamer

Xdreamer

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 12:40 PM

It depends on you which one you would prefer. I work (if I do any vector work) in illustrator because the interface is near the one from photoshop. The compatibility is given between those two programs.
I don't like the userinterface of the corel/macromedia products (even I use dw) so its up to you. You're get ideas if you try the tryouts and have a look for yourself :-]

• Guests

Posted 14 July 2004 - 05:12 PM

I use both. In my opinion Freehand is faster and I also like that the fonts' appearances are displayed as you browse through the list of fonts. In Illustrator you have to apply the font to see how it will look. However I like the Interface of Adobe products more and the compatibility with Photoshop is important as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users