Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

google dropped our PR

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:45 PM

you know that google rates all the websites by their "importance. We had PR5, but about a week ago google dropped it to PR4. It really sucks as now google sends almost 400 less users a day! we still get a decent number of visits, but significantly less new members. I am sure you've notice that.
I hope (and I am working on it) that next month google will give us our PR5 back. If you have such a possibility link to DC from any website you have access to. Link to it from your facebook, twitter and any other sites where you have profiles. Thanks a lot in advance!

#2 redtapegraphics

redtapegraphics

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

In regards to links back to DesignContest.net -- I had a thought for a Community Contest that could help in this very task.

The contest would be to design icons/seals/awards to denote member achievements (contests won, etc.), similar to the ebay star ranking system. But these "awards" would be given to the users as a png or other file that they could post on their sites and/or blogs to bolster their achievements while creating links for DC.

(Sorry if I should have just posted this in the area for Community Contest ideas - but I felt it pertained to your post) :)

• Guests

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:02 PM

The contest would be to design icons/seals/awards to denote member achievements (contests won, etc.), similar to the ebay star ranking system. But these "awards" would be given to the users as a png or other file that they could post on their sites and/or blogs to bolster their achievements while creating links for DC.

actually we are thinking in the same direction :)
we are working on a rating system and designer profile page right now. And we'll definitely need the icuns for various cups and awards.

we have already done some steps in this direction. and I am going to post an announcement about those later this week.

#4 ivanlozano

ivanlozano

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:47 AM

Well I'm glad to have stumbled on this site. Seems like a nice community of people and also a great way to sharpen my design skills. :)

#5 Gery.M

Gery.M

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:29 PM

I`m also very happy by discovering this comunity. I followed a link, kind of "facebook recomandation" :), right after I signed up to facebook.

• Guests

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:07 PM

I`m also very happy by discovering this comunity. I followed a link, kind of "facebook recomandation" :), right after I signed up to facebook.

too bad google doesn't seem to consider those facebook recommendations when counting its Page Rank.

#7 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:05 PM

hey resurepus :)
i have Internet for years ..& first time i stepped in DC was couple weeks ago (just by luck)..why DC doesn't have a FB fan page or so..with some announcement about new contests every now & then that appears in fans home pages..i'm sure ppl spread that very well upon their wall pages..i happened to join alot of great communities that i only knew about through their fb page..
so if this suggestion has already been out there i hope u make it come true!! i'm sure it would help.
regards,
Selma

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#8 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

too bad google doesn't seem to consider those facebook recommendations when counting its page rank.

edit to my first post..is there's a page for dc already?? If so plz give me the link..i'll be more than happy to pass it on ;)

♥ Selma ♥

#9 ncerdeiros

ncerdeiros

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:04 PM

Is this because of Googles new algorithm that take page load time into account?

• Guests

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:51 PM

hey resurepus :)
i have Internet for years ..& first time i stepped in DC was couple weeks ago (just by luck)..why DC doesn't have a FB fan page or so..

Selma, you are absolutely right! We absolutely do need to create a FB fan page! The problem is that there are not that many of us working on DC and there is so much to do here!
We do have an account on twitter and it's working rather well for us, so I think we do need to find some time to set up that fan page! Thanks for the hint!

#11 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:11 PM

Selma, you are absolutely right! We absolutely do need to create a FB fan page! The problem is that there are not that many of us working on DC and there is so much to do here!
We do have an account on twitter and it's working rather well for us, so I think we do need to find some time to set up that fan page! Thanks for the hint!

Hello resurepus.
if u allow me i can help DC in this part..i can start the page .i can edit it with all the info u would like to show , announcements,rules ,links, whatever
& i wont publish it until u are completely satisfied with it .
we can announce the link to all the members here .so who have fb can join & spread it to their friends .
u can update me with new events that needs to be published.
i'm willing to do it & i have the time to devote to DC ..:rolleyes:
hope u consider my suggestion .
regards
selma

♥ Selma ♥

#12 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:53 PM

EDIT: and we can make more than 1 admin to the group including any one u choose/trust that have the time & volunteer to help !! they can help each other in case any one stepped behind for any reason!!
what do u think?

♥ Selma ♥

#13 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:40 PM

I am talking with resurepus about facebook and myspace.

EDIT: and we can make more than 1 admin to the group including any one u choose/trust that have the time & volunteer to help !! they can help each other in case any one stepped behind for any reason!!
what do u think?

Like us on facebook

#14 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

and there are 2 admin Illumina and Sharie. I guess resurepus counts as one also. LOL so there are 3. ;)

Then 2 moderators Brandyarnold and myself.

#15 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:18 PM

@ sharie : good to know :) would be great to have a fb group
@ coy: & u are doing a great job :) .
i'm just volunteering to help u guys..if (anytime) u need it.
peace,
selma

♥ Selma ♥

#16 lilpolcat1

lilpolcat1

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

That darn google.
Happy I found this site !

0 user(s) are reading this topic