• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 mbleigh

mbleigh

Platinum Designer

• Designer
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 07:02 AM

Click here for a web preview of the first issue.

It's not finished, I haven't put in information about current/recently finished contests and I wasn't sure whether or not Russel's article was to go in the first issue, but it's something, dang it! And it's 2am and I should have been packing for my big move in five days but this had to be done too. Late night ramblings of a worn out designer.
Michael Bleigh
DC.net Administrator/Platinum Designer
get me::design

#2 Qbee

Qbee

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 05:08 PM

I'd personally add some cellspacing or cellpadding, whichever fits best :) coz it all seems to be a lil too close to eachoter right now and maybe a border on top and bottom too, apart from that, looking good :)

#3 Logistikal

Logistikal

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 12:12 AM

Eeee, tables *cringes*. I agree with qbee though, you definetly need some spacing in there. I think 3px on the left and right of the body oughta do it pretty good. Perhaps think about centering the quick acess links (or whatever you want to call them) in the white space. I think it would look better. The "At a Glance" box definetly needs some space on the left. Is there any reason that the text in your "Getting Started in Graphic Design" guide is so small? I think it should be the same as the text above it...that's a good size.

On the whole though, a very solid design.
Design with standards.

#4 mbleigh

mbleigh

Platinum Designer

• Designer
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 05:44 AM

I know the tables are nasty, but this is a bit of a rush job and playing with divs takes time and effort. I'll add some space in and spruce up the rest ASAP.
Michael Bleigh
DC.net Administrator/Platinum Designer
get me::design

#5 z77

z77

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 03:04 AM

wow, looks really nice content wise! There is a ton of stuff in that! I agree with the layout being a bit, messy, but nothing you cant fix ;)

How many people are working with you on this? It looks like its turning out really nice.

#6 NavySeals

NavySeals

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 08:12 PM

Wow really nice, it is abit messy, but I read the information, and it is very informative. Well thanks for the info, and I hope there will be more issues soon.

Matt
Penguin is my HeRo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users