• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 ic3d

ic3d

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 07:07 PM

Maybe it's an idea to have the Gallery Expanded. Such as a sort of forumusers portfolio where you can click a user and see his work (links to sites, graphics loaded from theire site so you won't lose bandwith. Basically so everyone gets a little page for himself, maybe even so everyone can maintain that page himself with some simple cms system.

And to avoid guests who just post once and upload theire whole dir into the site you can have the page be activated if a visitor has 100 posts or more, or 250 or more or something.

This all requiers a lot of work and a bit of programming, but it think it would look awesome. Now the contest holders also can have a more close view of the contestants, everyone can discuss and critizise eachothers work so they learn from eachother and you'll have a nice index.

Probably never going to happen, but it was just an idea that i had in mind after reading the gallery posts.

#2 belladonna

belladonna

Designer/Admin.

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:02 PM

I think its a cool idea! :) , maybe in the future we can add it!
Julieta Garcia .:view my work:.
Stop animal abuse & killing --->HERE

#3 Imagenesis

Imagenesis

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 391 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:06 PM

I think designoutpost has something simular to this but I like the one we have right now. Its easy to veiw and you dont have to go through tons of pages to see everyones work.

• Guests

Posted 10 August 2004 - 10:04 PM

I agree the current gallery is clean and understandable. The unly suggestion is to make the usernames link to their actual DC profiles.

#5 ic3d

ic3d

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 05:03 PM

I think designoutpost has something simular to this but I like the one we have right now. Its easy to veiw and you dont have to go through tons of pages to see everyones work.

Do you mean designoutpost.com?

#6 Ruben@Run2

Ruben@Run2

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 01:41 AM

Yeah, he meant that site.
:: Ruben ::
www.RUN2Corp.com

#7 ic3d

ic3d

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 05:31 PM

That's 2 vs 2 on opinions so far anyone else wants to share his opinion about this, maybe we could convince the admin who is on the 'no' side now.

#8 Ruben@Run2

Ruben@Run2

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 182 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 09:33 AM

As i understand, the Gallery purpose is to give a quick idea to visitors and contest hosts of the skills and quality of each DC Team members. For me, the next natural step to that is a link to your own portfolio/web running in your own/free domain/server. So expanding or not, maybe the Gallery just need tweaks like having a Gallery button on the menu, set the navigation by member name (avoiding the visitors to download all samples like it is now), and maybe a field to make a short description of the sample showed. Indeed, i think these features can be found on the photo galleries available for vBulletin.
:: Ruben ::
www.RUN2Corp.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users