#1 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:32 AM

Check out the new community contest

DesignContest.net Glass Etch Design

I think this will be a great way to practice and utilizing negative space and that will help with designing logos.

Like us on facebook

#2 Hutch

Hutch

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:05 PM

Thank you for sharing!:)

#3 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

Great contest topic.. I had to do this recently and actually did the etchig. it was fun and something different to learn.

Here are my templates that I made.
I actually had the images cut out of vynil, then weeded out the unecessary parts after it was on the glass.. it worked great. The mahan one was difficult cause of the thin lines on the barn and cylo

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:00 PM

Those are great! and welcome back! I sure have missed you around here, been busy with well you can read through it all LOL. Any way I do quite a bit of this type of work for a gal in OK. she uses a vinyl a lot for tshirts. The thin lines are a pain and if too thin the cut is a mess!

Like us on facebook

#5 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:56 PM

as a recipient of Coy's handiwork, the brewbrand one came out great!

#6 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

I bet it did! It looks great.

I am hoping for quite a few entries in this contest. I think most designers at some point will have the need to design this way, I know working with screen printers I do this all the time also for the companies and mom and pops using vinyl .

I should have taken a photo of the glass etching at the doctors office...it is beautiful. A scene of the columbia river, land trees sky and salmon swimming. I have never scene a glass etching this big and done so beautiful. The window this is on is curved and it is tinted, then the glass etch. Dang I could kick my self if my joints didn't hurt lol, I was just there today. I will get a photo of it next week I will be there again several times next week.

as a recipient of Coy's handiwork, the brewbrand one came out great!

Like us on facebook

#7 pen8525

pen8525

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:47 AM

Why does everyone seem to think of dolphin, whales, or water for their bathroom shower door? Doesn't anyone want to see something different; not water related on their shower door?

#8 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:06 AM

There is a non water design in the contest. I am not going to tell the designers what to make the subject of, that is up to you, the designer. I don't see an entry from you, why don't you enter a non water subject? One more thing if you read the brief it is suggested a shower door design, I said it could be anything, a window or even decals for automobiles

Why does everyone seem to think of dolphin, whales, or water for their bathroom shower door? Doesn't anyone want to see something different; not water related on their shower door?

Like us on facebook

#9 LevelOne

LevelOne

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:31 PM

A silhouette of the grim reaper would be nice :eek:

#10 nroom

nroom

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:17 AM

Hi Sharie,

I won this contest,
what can i do to become my price?

#11 slavic

slavic

• Designer