#1 PAPERBOT

PAPERBOT

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:58 AM

Hello to all of you.

Opening my Personal Board this morning I've found the next Message:
<<Dear PAPERBOT,

You have received an infraction at Design Contest Forums.

Reason: Its against the rules to use multiple designs in same entry. Please read the rules carefully. Thank you>>

So I ask you the following questions to understand a little more how it works:

1) What exactly the "offense" refers to?
a>Is it for the second uploaded version with the right color? (My first upload was exactly the same design, but the .jpg conversion has altered the right colors...So I've simply added a second one in .Png that shows the right gradient of green.)

b>Or was it 'cause my "canvas" shows the FLat Version, the gradient version and also the Black/White version of the same design?

2) So: In the "a>" case: How can I "correct" my entry, if I upload the wrong file, without loading a new, corrected version? Asking the Contest holder or a moderator or...?

In the "b>" case: In my opinion it's not a multiple design. It just shows the difference in visual quality. In the same way the "old" official DC Canvas asked to do.
The only rule I've found 'bout the Canvas is that it's not "REQUIRED" anymore...
...But "Required", in my opinion (and translation...) is not an obligation or a rule.

3) What about this infraction? It seems I'm still a Designer member and not banned or restricted... It means I can still Upload another entry to the same Contest?
Or only in other Contests? Or what?

Thank you for your patience. All this questions will help me to understand a little more how it exactly works. And help me to do not repeat further the same mistakes.

Have a nice day.

#2 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:30 PM

Hi paperbot

The reason is 1b. You can upload 7 designs but you can show one version per entry.
If you read the rules after giving you an infraction, you would know the reason. But i guess this is the easiest and lazy way? :)

When you read CH's brief, theres a button "what i can NOT use on my designs". So no excuses for not reading the rules.

We, staff give infractions to designers that arent following DC rules and multiple infractions result in ban.

If you didnt reach your upload limit, you can resubmit your design.

You also have a private section "chat with mods" where you can talk only with us.

Good luck

#3 PAPERBOT

PAPERBOT

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

Hello Zukih,

Thank you for the kind and neat answer.
I'll do my best to understand and follow as better I can all the rules.
(It was not a way to find excuses or to be polemical; but only a way to do not repeat the same mistakes with your help/answers.)

I'll resubmit the design and try again.

Thanks again 4 your patience.

#4 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 20,072 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:55 PM

Paperbot...I wished more designers were like you when it comes to infractions and such! Thank you for being an adult about this and understanding we are not out to get you or anyone else, we want everyone to enter contest just as long as the rules are followed, so thank you again : )

Like us on facebook

#5 seegor

seegor

• Designer
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:05 AM

what about when CH ask from us to upload colored and black version of logo also, can we follow CH brief or we must stick to DC rules?

#6 DixielandDesign

DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

If the CH ask you for a B&W or Colored Version as long as you have entries left in the contest you can submit those as separate entries. however they do count toward your 7 allowed. I hope this helps you.

Vince

Designers are meant to be loved, not to be understood. — Fabien Barral

#7 seegor

seegor

• Designer
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:18 PM

in briefing CH asked of designers to submit colored and plain black along, i did that and i got infraction points. it was the same logo just in black didn't change anything else on it.

thanks for your response, it was helpful

#8 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 20,072 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

please, please when you have a problem with a contest put link to the contest in your post. I have to search through all the contest and guess what entry you are talking about

Like us on facebook

#9 seegor

seegor

• Designer
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:07 PM

i dint want to put link it was general question for all to see and to know what they can or cant post

link for contest is:
Coveted Clothing Logo - Logo Design - DesignContest.com

this is briefing from it:

Company information
Company Name: Coveted Clothing

Industry: Beauty

Company description
We are a women's wholesale clothing manufacturer.

Project description
We will be using this logo for clothing labels and also for our website.

We like logos similar to this one Laurenly | Facebook

I like how the double looping L's in the back ground. I also like the font.

However, we are open to all ideas. We would like something timeless.

Logo should be a solid color. Please submit a black version of all logos along with color versions.

#10 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 20,072 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

Ok I agree, this is requested from the contestholder, to submit a black version with all logos. The infraction was reversed

Next time you have a problem you can start a forum thread in chat with mods, only you and the mods will be able to view and commnet

Like us on facebook

#11 seegor

seegor

• Designer
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

i did start it yesterday when i saw infraction in chat with mods, and i got no answer :(
i don,t remember did i put link to contest or not, sorry
suggestion for you guys is to read briefing before you start awarding us, this is second contest with same problem. hopefully its the last

thanks sharie, hope that this thread will be helpful for both designers and moderators

all best to you guys

Edited by seegor, 20 March 2011 - 11:00 PM.

#12 murshedurrahman703

murshedurrahman703

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:36 AM

Please Remove My infractions

I am new to designcontest ,i didnt know all the rules of design contest. and i didnt understand how i get infractions .

but now i understand the rules,i read the rules. i find myself guilty. but this is not my fault totally the contest holder asked me to know if i can provide him HTML, CSS .

so i said i can 

https://www.designco...ortal/comments/

here is link of the comments ,you can check this is true.

please remove my infractions .and also let the contest holder know that he needs to hire one-one contest to get the HTML n Css done. please

#13 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:36 PM

Please Remove My infractions

I am new to designcontest ,i didnt know all the rules of design contest. and i didnt understand how i get infractions .

but now i understand the rules,i read the rules. i find myself guilty. but this is not my fault totally the contest holder asked me to know if i can provide him HTML, CSS .

so i said i can 

https://www.designco...ortal/comments/

here is link of the comments ,you can check this is true.

please remove my infractions .and also let the contest holder know that he needs to hire one-one contest to get the HTML n Css done. please

Client didn't ask you if you can code, he asked "what would be final product that you deliver to us? Css and html, psd, or just jpg/png?". And you ignored the first warning. Your infractions will expire in 3 months. Please start a new topic in "Chat with mods" if you have more questions. Thank you.

• sharie and Babba like this

#14 murshedurrahman703

murshedurrahman703

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 01:36 PM

Client didn't ask you if you can code, he asked "what would be final product that you deliver to us? Css and html, psd, or just jpg/png?". And you ignore the first warning. Your infractions will expire in 3 months. Please start a new topic in "Chat with mods" if you have more questions. Thank you.

i did not understand, my lack of knowledge.

i will follow the rules and guidelines

in any way can you remove my infractions sir?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users