Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 01:32 AM

Posted Image

GreyCobra.com, the
Ultimate Design Resource, has decided it is time to expand to a new level. The
time has come for us to reach further into the design community and create
something larger, more creative, and powerful.

GreyCobra Productions proudly presents the newest addition…

THE GREYCOBRA V4.5 FORUMS!

After a month of hard work by staff, beta testers, and myself, we have put
something together of such quality that we expect it to do nothing but grow. We
plan to have monthly contests, the best tutorials, resources beyond belief, and
the greatest design community for all skill levels! No matter if you’re a
graphic designer, a web designer, scripter… Professional, Average, Beginner…
These forums were made for you!

If you have been with us for a while, you know that the GreyCobra Administration
is dedicated to its work, and puts tons of time into it. If your new, welcome to
GCP! We know that you will enjoy your stay!<br>

As I have promised to many, we are giving away a FREE COPY of Adobe Photoshop 7.0
this month!!!

Posted Image

Please Register if you have not already! Also be sure to check out our main site
filled with tutorials, free downloads (brushes, materials, wallpapers), and
daily news!

Have fun!

David Leggett
Webmaster of GreyCobra.com
President of GreyCobra Productions
Posted Image

Dev
GreyCobra Productions- Visit GreyCobra.com for Tutorials, Brushes, Downloads, and featured Artists Awards!
Email Me

#2 Imagenesis

Imagenesis

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 391 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 02:05 AM

This forum is not here to advertise...I'm quite sure the admins will delete this topic...Oh and if someone doesn't have an high-speed internet connection it would tke them a VERY long time to load your site...You should tyr to incorporate as many people as you can when thinking of a design...Althoug the glassy gradients are wuite nice...I think you should choose another font instead of that pixel font...That style is way to widely used...Actually the more I look at it th emore I like from the design standpoint...Goodjob...For that kind of style (although not my favorite) very nice...

my 2 cents...

#3 z77

z77

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 02:10 AM

Its a showoff thread. I have just spent the last month designing these forums, and as our opening event am giving out a free copy of photoshop.

If the admins delete it so be it. Thats their choice.

Would anyone post some constructive thoughts on the forums, how I could improve them, or what you like about them?
Posted Image

Dev
GreyCobra Productions- Visit GreyCobra.com for Tutorials, Brushes, Downloads, and featured Artists Awards!
Email Me

#4 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 05:02 AM

This is not showing off - you are advertising your giveaway contest, and the entire thing has a certain "press release" tone to it. Give me a reason why I shouldn't delete this topic and I might let you keep it up.

On another note: How did a website as small as yours get hold of a $800 piece of software to just give away? I highly doubt Adobe donated it, as DC.net can not even get a copy from them. If its illegal software (and it most likely is if you bought it off ebay or through an international site) - I would double think your contest.
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#5 z77

z77

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 05:16 AM

Listen, Im not trying to start any controversy here. Im sorry, go ahead and delete this if youd like ;)

But please do not lower my site or myself down to scum! I am on a dedicated server first off, and we recieve a good 4000 unique visitors a day, which in my opinion is not that bad for a site just starting. Secondly, the Adobe Creative Suite is $649. I am not giving away the whole Creative Suite. I am purchasing the Adobe Photoshop CS ALONE. You can find the offer here:
http://www.ibackups....howproduct&id=2

I envy sites like DC, and dont want to be a thorn in the side. Please do not ban me from this site. I guess I got a little greedy and excited with the launch of my forums which have taken myself a long time to skin (first time ever). By all means, I am terribly sorry for this post. I do not want to offend anyone really.

EDIT:
Again sorry. I just read all of the ToS from that site, and it turns out that it is for backup only. I am going to be switching the prize for Photoshop 7.0.

Again admin, feel free to delete topic
Posted Image

Dev
Email Me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users