withdrawing entries

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 mareingenii

mareingenii

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

there are number of reasons i will want to withdraw my entries ( eg i uloaded a wrong file ) how do i withdraw - i dont see any options or am i missing some thing - am new here

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:42 PM

If you need an entry removed just let us know we will do that unless you are just trying to remove eliminated entries.

We need to know the contest and entry number and reason you need it removed

Like us on facebook

#3 Quicho

Quicho

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:28 AM

Deleted entries can not be removed?

#4 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:47 AM

You will be able to withdraw any of your entries 1 month after a contest has closed

Like us on facebook

#5 CDS

CDS

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:09 PM

sharie, would you please remove entry #136 form this contest...
Logo Design for Financial PR Firm Needs Powerful Logo that Conveys Experience & Prestigiou... - DesignContest.com
i accidently uploaded a cmyk verion...the one next to it [entry #137] is the correct one...thank you in advance for your help...take care, sam

#6 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:15 PM

136 is removed :)

Like us on facebook

#7 lucy520

lucy520

Banned

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

Wow thats amazing, great job.
Posted Image

#8 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

Personally, I don't see the reason why we can't remove our own entries during the contest. I agree, there are tons of reasons to do that.

#9 Vickyb

Vickyb

• Designer
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

I think we could let designers remove their entries if everyone was as adult and responsible as you, Eximius. But every now and again there is a designer who wants to withdraw entries from live contests just because they are not getting the top scores. This would leave the contests looking stark and empty when we want to display the progression of the entries that happens in a contest. Plus - sometimes CHs may still choose you as a winner, even if you don't have the top score.

Every contest in the world has rules. Otherwise it wouldn't be a very good contest. I think it's important that we have this one. If you want to submit an entry to a contest, you should know you are committing your design to that contest.

#10 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

No, Vickyb, we have the full right of our designs till it's picked as a winning design. If I see that I don't have a chance to win I will submit it somewhere else with minor modifications. I know that you guys have so many rules (and many of them are ridiculous, frankly speaking) – so I don't participate in DC's contests very often... The reasons 'why' you've mentioned above look to me not convincible. Sorry. If the entry has been removed the CH should see a square box that the item has been withdrawn. That's it - this is his progress. If he doesn't like the design and it has not been rated properly - well, he sees the item 'withdrawn'. Big deal. As for me, I'd keep my entries till the contest is end, to protect the idea of my concept..

Too many things are against the Designer here. I was trying to do the DC a better place by providing feedbacks, bug reports and suggestions, but with no luck...

#11 Vickyb

Vickyb

• Designer
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

Eximius. As always your feedback and opinion is appreciated.

• Guests

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

Too many things are against the Designer here. I was trying to do the DC a better place by providing feedbacks, bug reports and suggestions, but with no luck...

we do appreciate your feedback. making DC a better place is a continuous process. We are constantly improving our service.
the problem is that we need to find balance between the interests of our designers and clients and it is not always easy.

#13 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

Also, why do we need this? If somebody looks through the designer's portfolio he/she sees withdrawn items. I see hundreds of them in my profile also, because I want to leave mostly winning designs in my portfolio. My list is sorted to show rated first / by 24 items per page. 20 pages are almost all empty and somewhere in the end I see not rated entries which I want to keep. Why do we need all these empty boxes in our profiles? I have more than 400 entries and I don't to keep all of them there.. To manage all these takes forever. See the attached image:
Posted Image (by the way BBCode doesn't work),

Here is the link: http://imageshack.us...120602at933.png

• Guests

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

Also, why do we need this? If somebody looks through the designer's portfolio he/she sees withdrawn items. I see hundreds of them in my profile also, because I want to leave mostly winning designs in my portfolio. My list is sorted to show rated first / by 24 items per page. 20 pages are almost all empty and somewhere in the end I see not rated entries which I want to keep. Why do we need all these empty boxes in our profiles? I have more than 400 entries and I don't to keep all of them there.. To manage all these takes forever. See the attached image:
Posted Image (by the way BBCode doesn't work),

Here is the link: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Good point. We should either move withdrawn designs all the way to the bottom or remove them altogether. Your thoughts?

#15 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'd like to not seing the withdrawn entries at all in my portfolio/entries. It's pointless.

#16 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

I know I have done designs and for some reason I see this withdrawn on some of my designs. That I sure didn't even do. I haven't withdrawn any of my designs I try to keep all my designs up for viewing.

#17 Djof

Djof

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:22 AM

Would someone please remove some entries form this contest...
Design the text to go with our company logo!

I just find that I can upload maximum 7 works, unfortunately in contest above I was upload 8 but not best 8. Now I would like to remove contests #442; #440; #439; #438; #436; #435; and later I will upload new five.

Thanks, and sorry for this.
It was first and last time, I promise!

#18 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:57 AM

Djof

We do not have upload limits anymore, you can enter continue to enter without the need to remove any of these

Thank you

Like us on facebook

#19 rajagee

rajagee

• Designer
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

Dear Sharie
what is the procedure of withdraw my previous entries? after how much duration/time i withdraw my design entries ? if i submit the required entry not into related place by mistakenly then how i can remove/withdraw ?

thank u
rajagee

#20 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

rajagee

if you need an entry removed, simply send a helpdesk ticket or come to live chat, we need to know the contest and entry number and your username

help desk ticket DesignContest - Powered by DesignContest.com

Like us on facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users