• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 davegk

davegk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 04:44 PM

Actually, it's not bizarre - just trying to get your attention.

I'm interested in signing up here as a designer, but apparently one of the requirements is to be a contributing member for at least a week before submitting an application, hence this posting.

I'm an orchestral musician by day and a graphic designer on the side. I've been doing freelance graphic design work for over 4 years now and get most of my clients through sites similar to this one. My personal web site is: http://www.davegk.com and it contains a link to my online design portfolio.

-David

• Guests

Posted 09 January 2005 - 08:48 PM

yep, you did get my attention, and ...surprise, surprise! - there are no bots behind DC but actually live people administrating it. You got our attention right, but you must understand that that simple inquiry to show your interest in DC and prove that you can be a contributing member. That's why there is no use in proforma posts, they will not do you any good, on the contrary they may harm your reputation. It is not the numbers that matter here but your attitude. Hope you will take note of this message and will be really contributing to the forums. Thanks!

#3 SSFelton

SSFelton

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 07:41 AM

Hey - I had a look through your portfolio - I especially like the logo section. Are they all live and from paid work? If so you have done well :) Good on you :) I like the way the whole portfolio was in flash as well.
Visit my site in progress..... coming soon to SSF Design

#4 davegk

davegk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:40 PM

Sorry if I left the wrong impression with my post...didn't mean to sound as if I was merely posting for the sake of posting. I've started contributing in other forums and hope I can help out other folks with questions.

SSFelton, some of the logos are live, many are from paid work, some are mockups for clients that weren't accepted, and some were personal projects. Thanks for the comments!

-David
+-------------------------------+
David Goldklang
Musician/Graphic Designer
www.davegk.com
+-------------------------------+

• Guests

Posted 15 January 2005 - 02:52 PM

that's ok, I didn't mean to sound harsh either :) just wanted to attract your attention to the rules.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users