• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 ActiveCdesign

ActiveCdesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 09:20 PM

I have been looking over all the designs here this week, and I have come to the conclusion that all of these designers are very good. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on my site, portfolio, but mainly on what I can do to the top, More dynamic?, it is call Active... I have toyed with a heart beat type monitor and logo... I am just not happy with it for some reason. Brick Wall!
ActiveCurrent

Thanks,
Kevin

#2 illumina

illumina

Guru

• Designer
  • 2714 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 09:54 PM

I dont think blue goes well with red, the zig zag lines seem to lack personality. Maybe make the text look like a cord leading to a power socket, and attached to a 3D-type computer, or just a straight cord, using it as an underline to some sans serif plain text. Try soft oranges, or something that compliments the red instead of clashing with it.

#3 ActiveCdesign

ActiveCdesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:16 PM

illumina, I really like your site! Thanks for the feedback.

#4 davegk

davegk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 01:43 PM

Your logo could use some new direction...when I'm at a loss of ideas, I go to google image search and start viewing images that relate to the ideas behind the logo I'm working on for inspiration. The font doesn't do anything for me - play around with different fonts. Try putting the word "Active" above the word "Current" and maybe in 2 completely different fonts. Always remember to kern your text.

In your portfolio, the effect you have for listing cropped sections of the logos is interesting, but please add links to view the whole logos.

-David
+-------------------------------+
David Goldklang
Musician/Graphic Designer
www.davegk.com
+-------------------------------+

#5 ActiveCdesign

ActiveCdesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 08:59 PM

Nice, beautiful, I have a wonderful idea after all the very constructive comments! Back to the drawing board.
Thanks,
Kevin

#6 timmetje

timmetje

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:21 PM

the current logo isnt that great, the image and the font don't seem to match and perhaps you could use tabs for the menu to make it more intresting. Other than that its a good portfolio site and i like your logo's. The frye law office logo looks really professional.

#7 creatifex

creatifex

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 03:11 AM

just changing the font of your logo (active current) so it looks as if it fits better with the heartbeat thing would make it look a lot better.. kerning is also a plus.
Robin :: creatifex designs
http://www.creatifex.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users