• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Magic Pixel

Magic Pixel

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 10:46 AM

Gosh, this feels weird... :) A whole thread about myself... So, what's to say... I've found your website like... today (actually about 1-2 hours ago). My name is Mihai Damianov, I'm 26 and I'm from Romania.

I like computers a lot, I've been studied them since I was 13 or so (and that - in Romania - it IS early :) because of my country's history, of course) and after all these years I realized that what I want to focus on is graphic design. And web design/programming as well. At the moment I am employed with a national newspaper's advertising department as a graphic designer, but I intend to build a small business myself in the field. What else to say about me?.. Ermm.. I've lived in London (UK) for about a year and a half until March 2004, but then I realized that my country is much more interesting and fun. At least for me. So I came back home.

Besides computers, I also like to travel a lot and see new places, do new things. What else do I like?.. Oh yeah.. Listening to trance and electronic music in general.. (Yes, computerized stuff again :) ). And I also like.. actually "love".. my girlfriend, but I will not talk about this here, I just mentioned it as related to my marital status. :)

I guess that's enough for now. What are my objectives here and in general? Well, apart from not breaking the rules, I'd like to believe that I'll manage to get myself at least a tiny reputation as a graphic designer and to learn lots of new stuff from more experienced users.

Thanks all for reading and have a good day! :)

Mihai

PS Oh, yes, graphics portoflio&stuff will feature here soon enough, I'm not rushing to show off my "artwork", 'cause I don't want the move to be too hasty. ;) I wish you all the best!

#2 jlinds72

jlinds72

Administrator/ Designer

• Designer
  • 1461 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:01 PM

Welcome to DC, Mihai :) It's very nice to "meet" you - and we look forward to you being part of the community. There's a ton a talented designers here - i'm sure you'll find it very inspiring.

~Jenn
Jenn Lindsey - Freelance Graphic Designer
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" - Joseph Chilton Pearce

My website: jennlindsey.com

Please review the new rules for DesignContest.net here

#3 Magic Pixel

Magic Pixel

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:06 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome. :)

#4 jojomarie

jojomarie

Banned

• Banned
  • 1127 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:20 PM

HI Magic pixel, where about's in Romania are you? I actually flew from Canada in October to Budapest and then made my way to Oradia! I was there for 12 days, it was certainly a wonderful experience. Some of my family is in Medigia right now. It's really great to see many people from different parts of the world participating here. Welcome to DesignContest and looking forward to seeing your designs, jojomarie

#5 Magic Pixel

Magic Pixel

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:44 PM

Hello jojomarie, thanks for the welcome :)

I live in Bucharest now (lived here since college), but I grew up in Tulcea, the "Danube Delta gate", quite close to Medgidia :D (144 kms by rail). My parents are still there, so I go quite often to see them. It's a wonderful region. And I still call Tulcea my hometown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users