• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 RamalhoDesign

RamalhoDesign

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hello everyone!

Since I'm kinda new here, I have some doubts...
How long does it take (after closed the contest) for the result of a contest come out?
I've participated in one, and it's closed almost for 1 week now, but yet no results. Does that means that the CH didn't liked any of the works?
Or maybe we can't see who won after all?

This is the contest I'm talking about it: Roller Derby

Thank you,

Cris

#2 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

Unfortunately, DC has rules only for participated designers, not for their clients... Sometimes it can take 1 month, sometimes 2, sometimes it takes forever... and then, on your specific request, you'll get an answer that contest which got more then 100 (in your case more then 50) designs is refunded :) C'est la vie :)

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

eximius

you know this is not true!

We have refunded "very few" contests. We have had a few contests go longer than we want in expired mode, but those contests had very specific reasons.

When a contest goes past the 5 th week of no client contact it is then considered abandoned, the prize money is split with the rated designers in that contest............. you know this for a fact because you have received these abandoned contest monies. Please stop with your negative attitude and forum threads

Thank you

Like us on facebook

#4 RamalhoDesign

RamalhoDesign

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

Oh well, at the same time my doubt was answered, I was a bit confuse with the details. But ok I do get it now! lol
Thank you both for your help! I will wait fot the CH to decide...patiently :)

Thank you!

#5 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

RamalhoDesign

Please note the contestholder has extended this contest and it is open waiting for you to participate in

Roller Derby

Like us on facebook

#6 RamalhoDesign

RamalhoDesign

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

Thanks Sharie I did noticed what! What a coincidence! hehe :)

#7 RamalhoDesign

RamalhoDesign

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

What uncomfortable comments?! lol Well, all I know is that the CH open the contest again and gave the designers some tips so we can make it better what was posted before. Lest see how that goes!

#8 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

I posted 25 contests on my mind which had problems in order to reply on Sharie's accusation that I said smth which is not true. The recent tendency is that it's easier to come up with dozens of excuses rather than admit that smth is going wrong and work on issues we have here, to prevent the situations we talk about in this thread in the future. Well, whatever.

#9 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

eximus all you are trying to do is start up problems, many of those contests you listed were abandoned and paid out, and a couple even ahad winners, honneyville for example has a winner, why even include that.......

All contest sites have abandoned contests why try to cause problems? Please change your attitude in the forums or you will be on a temp ban from the site

Like us on facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users