&nsbp;

#1 Sandman

Sandman

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 06:03 AM

Hey everybody-
Im a new member on this board and i know very little php and some html. I know Flash quite well and make some templates to make some money :D. I have been looking at some of your photoshop and paintshop pro images, and i was wondering if anyone had any input on which is better and for what reasons, and the locations of some tutorials and stuff to go along with them. I currently know a little of each program but clearly most of the other members surpass my knowledge lol. Any way anyone have any input? all is appreachiated (cant spell lol) and please do check out my site HERE and tell me what you think. Thanks

Sand

#2 BBGorB

BBGorB

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 10:16 PM

Hi Sandman,

Wow what a beautiful website you've made. I admire your skills, very good attention to details, nice colour combination. Did you do the b/w drawing on the front page as well?

I've notice you didn't do the whole site in flash, and the reason I mention this is because I have a slow connection at home (56k), and when the web site was first loaded, I saw a blank white screen in between page transactions, it only last for half a second, but it kind of disturbed the flow. May be you could preload all the content in your iframe with javascript before displaying the first page? I think that will solve the minor problem. And also the progress bar in the preloader was a bit difficult to see (I'm just being picky, your website is so nearly perfect).

One question slightly out of topic, would you be interested in putting up a synchronised spectrum analyser (the moving bars at the top right corner with sound, next to the sound on off buttons)? I wrote a tutorial about it in flashkit, may be we can exchange something?

I.C.
N D E S I G
G N D E S I
I G N D E S
S I G N D E
E S I G N D
D E S I G N

#3 axcen

axcen

• Guests
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:54 AM

reminds of a templatemonster website!
very nice.

#4 simplistik

simplistik

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 05:06 PM

There is no skill of his to admire.

He's website isn't his. It's a template from
http://www.nolimitmedia.com

click the templates button and go to page 4

You ppl really need to stop doing things like this and calling them your own. Yea you buy it you own it. But don't allow ppl to believe that you've created it when you didn't. Yea, you can say that you submitted that site to them but I highly doubt that only because you're askin' for tutorials when the graphics on "your" site are a little advanced designs for that.

Anyway, since you insist on using it. You need to make your site into 3 frames one for header and one for footer and then main and have the footer links load into the main so your header doesn't load all the time. Change the links to a pixel font as well cause you can't read them.

www.beyondthepixel.com - a multimedia affair
··························································
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
-Leonardo da Vinci

#5 Crazy Bat

Crazy Bat

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 07:49 PM

A word of advice (and don't take it the wrong way);

If you are going to design a flash site, try not to copy any site. In fact, don't look at any flash sites. Just use what inspires you.

Start with a blank canvas (either in your head or on paper) and go from there. Trust me, you end up with something more unique and that you can call your own.

Hey...not everyone is a great designer at first. It takes time. Patience and practise will pay off. Trust me :-)
Crazy Bat Designs
Home of the phpBB WASO
Helping You Reach The MOST People Possible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users