&nsbp;

#1 PDL

PDL

Banned

• Banned
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:28 AM

Hi there
Well i made some skins for a Philips iPronto for a client. He wanted something to present his CD-collection on this cool gadget - and i made him a few different layouts. He was happy about them - but what do you think?

Nuclear Jukebox
Posted Image
Full size image

Winamp type style
Posted Image
Full size image

PowerBlue
Posted Image
Full size image

SilverShadow
Posted Image
Full size image

#2 pentool

pentool

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:41 AM

I think they look great. On the first one, however, those green buttons don't go with the rusty style at all.... IMHO

PS: I really like some of your logos (on your website), especially the ones with some shiny plastic/glass feel to it. I really dig those styles. Have you thought about making icon sets? I think they'd look kool with your glass style.

#3 PDL

PDL

Banned

• Banned
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 07:01 AM

Thanks for the comments - i actually kinda agree about the green buttons, it was originally made with rusty industry type buttons, but the client wanted some sort of nuclear glow effect thingy - so it ended up with those - and the customer is always right you know ^^

About an icon set - maybe not a bad idea - its noted!

Thanks again for taking time to comment.

#4 seawise

seawise

Guru

• Designer
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 07:19 AM

I agree with pentool about the buttons but as client wanted it there is nothing to say :).. Rest is really cool stuff..
****RETIRED MODERATOR****

#5 Feechi

Feechi

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:10 PM

I think they look great. On the first one, however, those green buttons don't go with the rusty style at all.... IMHO

I think the green buttons appear to be nuclear-spasmic-acid something. I think it adds to the whole theme, but that's just my opinion.

#6 PDL

PDL

Banned

• Banned
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:18 PM

I think the green buttons appear to be nuclear-spasmic-acid something. I think it adds to the whole theme, but that's just my opinion.

Thats not far from what the client asked for - so i guess i succeded when comes to looks - but i agree its not totally fitting the rest of the skin style.

#7 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:45 AM

I like the overall designs but I have a bit of a crit for you...

I'm not really digging the bevels you have going, they look like they might be a bit much. I mean I don't think I've ever seen such large perfectly rounded bevels on anything but cars in real life. Since youre trying to pull off this sleek machined look maybe a smaller bevel, or no bevel, would work better. Kinda like what you would see on a really sleek computer case.

Just a suggestion of course :)

#8 rjzinger

rjzinger

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:05 AM

Nice work. I didn't like the buttons one the first one either until I read your explanation, now I do.

Rich

#9 PDL

PDL

Banned

• Banned
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:13 AM

Yeah well, sometimes you just have to do what the customer wants, allthough i have turned down jobs now and then because the ideas from the customer was too far from my design style and own ideas.

#10 madsoxfan

madsoxfan

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:22 AM

I think the SilverShadow by far is the most creative and slick looking. Nice work with that one.

#11 kathmann

kathmann

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:11 PM

They look nice, but I have to agree on the buttons. Otherwise very professional, well executed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users