Elastic Redesign

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Sevenlee

Sevenlee

• Designer
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 03:13 AM

Hey guys, just got my v.2 site live. The old one was a table design and I think it broke up on higher resolutions, so i decided to go elastic. (or is it liquid?...ok maybe somewhat liquid? lol) Anyway here's the site, I think it's come a long way from the first. www.sevenlivesdesigns.com :)

#2 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 03:32 AM

Your site looks better, good job.

Unfortunately it doesn't meet the requirements of a true elastic (or liquid, depending on your preference) website due to the fact that it doesn't scale to fit anything smaller than 960 px wide, causing a horizontal scroll to appear. If a minimum width needs to be set, it should be no larger than 800px to accomodate the 25% of users who still use an 800x600 resolution.

But really - I like this site alot better than your old version :)
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#3 Sevenlee

Sevenlee

• Designer
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 03:35 AM

thanks neupix, i tried cleanin' it up visually from the last. :D It's kinda cool how i can just dump stuff in there and the site stretches automatically. Lot better than tables. :)

Ps: yeah the 800X600 horizontal scroll bar, i noticed too late in the process of making it. Anyway to fix it now neupix? OR should i just leave it? Thanks by the way! :D

#4 rjzinger

rjzinger

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:50 AM

Sevenlee,

Neat design. A couple of comments, the eye on the home page is cool, but it seems to be cutoff a little a t the bottom. Also, the buttons would be more effective if there were some kind of mouseover effect. I think your header/menu/wires takes up too much space, even at 1280x1024 I have to scroll down to see things like the first webpage design.

I like the design, I think it could be more compact and user friendly.

Rich

#5 Sevenlee

Sevenlee

• Designer
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:56 AM

thanks Rich, will take all this in consideration. thanks for the comments. =)

when you say the eye is cutoff, do you mean the flash itself, or that you have to scroll down? -thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users