Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

"nice work" posts in the showoff forum

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:15 PM

users that post meaningless messages just to get the number required for the application to the Design Team probably think that there are no admins on DC, well, they are terribly wrong :)

We've mentioned it many times and I will have to say it again - the 10 posts requirement is set to check how valuable the posts of the new members will be to the community.

#2 seawise

seawise

Guru

• Designer
  • 861 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:35 PM

Totally agree :)

#3 apresico

apresico

Guru

• Designer
  • 1210 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:06 PM

I agree too. It shows that you will work hard for the team if you do things other than showoffs and comments. Community contests should be the way to go. :)

#4 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:21 AM

yep, getting 10 posts is cake work if you blow through 10 show off posts .....
www.uniment1.com :: Design Services

#5 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:11 AM

I have to agree. It think a bit more meaningful reviews are better, and at least add interest to the forum.
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

#6 oxygen

oxygen

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:49 PM

What about posts containing only "LOL" !! :D :D :D ?

Well, I was thinking about this 10 posts rule when applied for the DC team...
Since this is the place to draw and not only to talk, a good idea is to have a dual rule:

2-3 (or whatever u think the best number is) of design posts in the community contests. If there is no active contest during the "evaluation" period then the 10 posts rule applies - just a thought.

This way DC can test how the candidate member can "communicate", work within the design contests rules etc (this is something that cannot be assumed by his portfolio or 10 various posts).

• Guests

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:20 PM

Oxygen, let me disagree, large part of DC is about talking - take for instance the showoff forums - when you post your design you expect constructive praise/critisism, right?

Participation in Community Contests sounds great, but first of all we should work out a way to have them on a regular basis. Ideally we would need a moderator assigned specificly to this section. Right now there are times when there are huge gaps between them.

#8 oxygen

oxygen

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:56 PM

Resurepus, I agree there is value in participating in public conversations.
It wasnt my intention to say "dont talk, just draw".

Its just the difficulty of evaluating each one of the 10 posts of a candidate member (obviously posts like "nice work" are easily identified as non valuable). When a user applies for DC membership his primary goal (i think) is to post desings in dc member areas. OF COURSE DC would like members to participate in other areas because this is in the best interest of the community as a whole.

Bottomline is: community contests are the best field in terms of technical and commutication skills to be demonstrated because it combines both "talking" and "drawing". :)

• Guests

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:21 PM

Its just the difficulty of evaluating each one of the 10 posts of a candidate member (obviously posts like "nice work" are easily identified as non valuable).

At the same time I have nothing against "nice work" posts per se, it's just the percentage of these posts that is important. If a member posts 10 nice reviews and great designs and 20 "nice work"s I would defintiely have nothing against it. But if an applicant to the DT posts 10 "nice work" that's makes a difference...

Bottomline is: community contests are the best field in terms of technical and commutication skills to be demonstrated because it combines both "talking" and "drawing". :)

Yes, I absolutely agree with you! By the way, it would be great if you could join our effort to bring the CCs back to life!

#10 PDL

PDL

Banned

• Banned
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:36 PM

nice work :)

• Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:04 PM

nice work :)

exactly :)

#12 Fusion.Int

Fusion.Int

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 02:49 AM

Hi everyone!
I'm new to DC and was wondering what you would recommend I do with the 10 req. posts. I've actually registered on DC a while back, but I've been waiting for PayPay to be fully available in my country.
I'm willing to fullfill any requirements you have and later I'd be glad to help the team out.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Looking forward to cooperating with you guys!

• Guests

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:44 AM

Hi everyone!
I'm new to DC and was wondering what you would recommend I do with the 10 req. posts. I've actually registered on DC a while back, but I've been waiting for PayPay to be fully available in my country.
I'm willing to fullfill any requirements you have and later I'd be glad to help the team out.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Looking forward to cooperating with you guys!

introduce yourself and showoff forums are a good place to start. In general we appreciate any form of input that may be interesting to other members. But we are not against chit-chat talk in the Hangout forum, so it is up to you really :)

#14 batmantheking

batmantheking

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:15 AM

you have raison 100% but sometime we have short time to extend what we think about someting..and so sometime we abbreviate te thinking with a short word like:
" like or dislike" but you stay in the right.. ( this is my traduction )

-----------

You have reason to a 100% but sometimes we have therefore little time that without to make it on purpose nopi abbreviamo our opinion only saying: it is beautiful or it is ugly, but you have reason.
so i engage me self to respond whit a good sense of partecipation. :D

( this is a on line traduction) ..

------------------------------

I am useful to this already opened post to to describe to me shortly ... :eek:

i have not write my curriculum in this forum because i tinked that was a false post to arrive to 10 posted.!!
so I'm Fabio Form Italy i'm graphic designer ( 3d / web / illustration / logo and more )and i hope to partecipate to this forum and enjoy whit you and the contest. ( i have done a logo for a contest that close the 12 september i hope to open my web site o spece to see you my portfolio and partecipate to that contest)

p.s. I hope to improve my language being in this forum!
and please tell me if my english is better that on line traduction ;-)

#15 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:19 PM

Hi Fabio, good to hear from you again :)
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users