• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36575 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

I was thinking it would be really nice and interesting to see first DC contest ever.:)
What do you think?

#2 InspireIT

InspireIT

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Yeh would be cool to see,

This thread got me thinking about my first DC contest.

http://www.designcon...hoe-retailer/:o

I scanned back through the logo design contests pages and got to here, Logo Design Contests List - Page 83
many contests, including the 'test' one had no entries, the first I found with entries the CH got their cash back, so first proper contest I could see with a winner was 1st Secure IT which jjyepez - Designer Profile won.

this I think is from the Current/New DC and not the old .net one.

jjyepez I see has used that lock a few times ;) lol

#3 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36575 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

Good job Inspire!:) I was lazy to list to the beginning.
Still, like you said it is only 3 years old, I wish we can see the very first one from the net.
:D

#4 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Hello guys,

this was test contest to try the NEW contests system.. because as you said it's only 3 years old..

i remember those days when i first joined the system was different..back then when a contest gets like 20 entries it's a great number of entries :D also there was way less number of designers..

& Also noticed that older contests (before i join) was done in forum posts.. like ch post a thread with contest brief & designers start to put their work on posts. also winners of those contests doesn't have those winnings on their profiles. the designer's medals profile also came with newer systems.

but that was changed by the new system where contests are made in separate place.

And it got more and more improved tell it reached the look you are seeing now.

So, i guess that would be hard to really track the first contest ever.. But maybe some older members can give us a hint.

Edited by like an angel, 11 March 2013 - 11:51 AM.

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#5 InspireIT

InspireIT

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

What's your first contest here Babba?

I think the first contest would of been in black and white and in 1 bit color with a resolution of around 1-2 dpi.

Funny, I was looking at new name for a website/side-website over the weekend that I am setting up for my company and was reading in depth about branding/logos etc, some very interesting stuff out there about designing through the ages, got me thinking about branding in the old days. I came across the dictionary reference, which amazingly I have never read or understood until this weekend.

I guess my progression and understanding more and more each day through DC about logo design/branding design and all the elements of design as a whole improve mostly day by day, I looked at my first logo for DC as mentioned above and thought would I do it differently now?
Looking back over old logos would you apply a different style now looking through the brief? It's amazing how from the brief many designs change and stylings of designers preference change, I suppose keeping it fresh is a good thing?

My Company logo I did around the same time and with my side company needing a logo to tie in with my initial company I was playing around with the existing logo shape to create something new and caught myself trying to rework the original logo in such a way that it did not represent what I was working towards.

Anyhow enough of me rampling! here's a couple of pics where I felt the brand changing too much then the second pic is a progression of the logo working it to the existing one and the new sub company, I might have to rework the 'I' icon in the main company :)

[attachment=6256:9798.attach]

#6 rosadlie

rosadlie

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

hehehe My first contest? .. this time is my first contest in DC .. I am a newcomer, greetings from me ..

#7 rosadlie

rosadlie

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

just yesterday I joined in DC I have a new 6 contests in dc current logo,, hopefully I can get one victory ;)

#8 Elijah

Elijah

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Logo Design #8 by Elijah for Logo Design For Corporate Technology Holding Company

My first on DC...

#9 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

Thought you might find this interesting

Designcontest was founded back in 2003 as designcontest.net and was forum based Internet Archive Wayback Machine

as far as the first contest, not sure what date that was on because the net history will not let me search the forums from in 2003

if you look at or on about may 11 of 2004 you see quite a change DesignContest.net :: contests for designers                                                                           design,logo,contest,web,webdesign,header,template,competition,html,php,perl,layout,graphics,photography,picture,image it does show some new contests but you can't view the images.

" notice the change in the logo/avatar for DC from 2003 to 2004"

then look again at july 23 2004 Design Contest | http://www.designcontest.net

Feb11 2005 Design Contest | http://www.designcontest.net

Nov 29 2005 Design Contest

and look at this apr 20 2009 DesignContest.net | Logo and Website Design Contests. Community of designers and web developers. New contests almost every day! our DC logo shows up

It is kinda cool to flip through the dates even though you can view the very old contests, DC has grown so much

Like us on facebook

#10 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

Wow Sharie.. that is really interesting developments to see.. thanks for sharing it with us..
i joined DC when it had the 2009 look. we came along way since then :)

♥ Selma ♥

#11 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

OH & i wanted to add that in couple of days it will be my third year anniversary joining DC 13/3/2010 :)
I'm glad i found you guys back then & kept being part of the community for this long .wish i had even earlier ..

you are the best

♥ Selma ♥

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users