Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

How do you get your creativity juices flowing?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 zylax

zylax

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

Please share some tips of techniques that work for you to motivate your creativity.

#2 notsu100

notsu100

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:31 PM

You will find some answers from similar topic under the "general chat" > "hangout": http://www.designcon...t-inspired.html

#3 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

Tumblr! Seriously, create an account and start following image blogs that interest you.

#4 sakiffi

sakiffi

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:08 AM

Browsing different sites: deviantart, tumblr and in addition overall good mood gets me going.

#5 friendnand

friendnand

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

i have my own to-do-list & i always bring pencil & pocket-sized sketch pad with me anytime anywhere when i go out or travel by bus.
once i check my list while sitting there the flow just follows. i just THINK :)

#6 ganlemi

ganlemi

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

Have you ever tried listening to random music with your eyes closed and trying to picture the shapes and colors that music suggests you? That usually works for me

#7 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

Have you ever tried listening to random music with your eyes closed and trying to picture the shapes and colors that music suggests you? That usually works for me

If you haven't already seen this, check out a thread I started here on DC that talks about listening to music and ambient sounds while designing: Ambient Sounds & Background Noise to Increase Creativity

#8 dokuzocak

dokuzocak

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

Experiment with plenty of

Edited by dokuzocak, 24 September 2013 - 09:05 PM.
dil

#9 Eddie Elleven

Eddie Elleven

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

I have "imagination room" at my head, so i collected all the brief from project holder then i stored at my imagination room.

This imagination room will work while i'm sleeping, so when i wake up i'm already got the ideas for design the logo.

#10 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

I have "imagination room" at my head, so i collected all the brief from project holder then i stored at my imagination room.

This imagination room will work while i'm sleeping, so when i wake up i'm already got the ideas for design the logo.

I do this too but not intentionally. If there is a big project that I'm working on, it will most likely be on my mind most of the time.

One time I was working on some logo ideas before going to sleep. While asleep, I was actually dreaming about working on the logo. And I actually came up with an amazing concept! But as it usually happens, you are not aware you are dreaming so your mind thinks you're actually getting work done :) When I woke up I couldn't remember exactly how the logo in my dream looked... but I knew it was a great concept. It was frustrating haha

#11 Eddie Elleven

Eddie Elleven

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

Ha3x, same at here HappyGD, most of them became blur when i woke up ... but still it was a great concept. At least we got something :)

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users