• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Redsoul

Redsoul

• Designer
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Dear admin,
My apologize after the incident on the Apex contest (BtoB Sourcing company from Asia) for questioning the object of another designer's entry on the contest which i didn't even participate.
But that's really quite disturbing me when CH has the ability to use the artwork of designers while the contest still on progress.
For me its vulnerable for us designers to get exploited by other third parties and they flew away without any responsibility.
Personally i dont think that CH on this contest have a bad intention.
But kindly my apologize if once there was not a guaranteed contest and CH did not mention the link of their new website on the contest?
This is something that i want to share and discuss with fellow designers and hear about their thoughts.

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

We allow contestholders to test the new design. I have sent notice to the contestholders, his reply is thta he is testing with his sudiance to see if that is the design they want. This is a guaranteed winner and if a winner is not picked there will be a winner

Like us on facebook

#3 Redsoul

Redsoul

• Designer
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

hai,sharie.
thanks for the clarification.
but kindly i hv a question if DC allowed CH to test and apply a design into their new website (which this is a new rules that i hear) shouldn't DC sent a notice to designers?and if that so why we wouldn't allowed to do the mockups for the first brief?

#4 Redsoul

Redsoul

• Designer
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

Im sorry for being critical for something i dont even participated,but i need to understand this.

#5 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

mockups in the contest is completely different than wanting the audience that follows the client to weigh in on the design. If the ch wants mockups then all they need to do is request this or put in the brief they want mockups, in this case the client wants his audience to weigh in and see how the design works with his following audience.

Like us on facebook

#6 Redsoul

Redsoul

• Designer
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

But if you allowed CH to do the weigh in shouldn't be the designers would be the first to get notice since this is related with their works?cos as i read in the comment CH also tried the webtest with other design from other designers in the contest and also designers didnt get any notice at all?
Personally i think in this case we should learn about it and DC should improve the rules for ContestHolder and minimalize the damage for both parties.
Thank you. :)

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

what is the damage? We have no way to know when a client does this unless it has been reported to us by a designer therefore we have no way to send notices out, but really what is the damage for a client to test a design? The ch is the one paying for the design and wants to make sure he buys the right design for them.....If the contest goes expired and the client is still using the design then we control it and tell him he has to choose a winner no matter if it is guaranteed or not, no refunds happen in these cases.

Like us on facebook

#8 Redsoul

Redsoul

• Designer
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

fair enough...
but hey i dont want to deeply arguing for something that i don't even participate.
i just want to discuss and understanding about this and according to your respond i think i hv learned something from you.thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users