Question of the beginner :)

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Derrington

Derrington

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

There's a contest that I'm not sure what to do with. And it's "blind" one, so I can't even see how other, more experienced designers, behaved. It's listed in Logo Design category, but in Brief CH mentions also business cards, envelopes and letterhead. So it generally should be listed as Stationery Design, am I right?

So, to participate I should make only logo (for it's a Logo Design Contest) and ignore what CH wrote or make all of it. What's more important?

I would say that the CH brief, so I should make him new logo and stationery with it. Am I right? :)

#2 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

Just make the logo but make it suitable for use on business cards, envelopes and letterheads (i.e. make sure it reproduces well in print). You can ask the CH if they want to see it on business cards and if they say yes then you are free to do so but if it's a logo design contest then as a rule you only submit a logo. Using mockups in a logo design contest will result in your entry being removed and possibly infractions.

#3 Derrington

Derrington

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

Thanks for your response! :)
That makes it clear, I guess.

#4 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

Glad I could help Derrington :) I just read my post again and I realise it seems a bit cold, I didn't mean it that way I was just telling the rules as they are!

Best of luck in the contest!

#5 Derrington

Derrington

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

It didn't sound cold to me:) It's the answer I wanted :)

#6 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Derrington which contest are you referring to? Sometimes the CH will try to ask for an entire stationery package including a new logo, but the prize only reflects the amount for a logo design. If the prize is only around $223 then I would just design the logo.

#7 Derrington

Derrington

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

Sorry, I forget to include link to this contest.. Here it is: http://www.designcon...se-dream/brief/
It's quite hard to find out what CH meant with this additional stationary, see yourself. The prize is $288.
But for me GJRDesign's answer is sufficient :)

#8 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

Often the CH says what it will be used on in the brief, I think it is the way DC gets them to create the brief and it is useful to know.

My entry for that competition was logo only. If they expect to see more then it is usually more clear and as HappyGD said the prize would be higher.

#9 Derrington

Derrington

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

Ok, now it's perfectly clear for me :) thanks for your help!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users