Extending a contest..

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 kristijp

kristijp

• Designer
  • 413 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

I find it frustrating when I've been working hard in a contest and am within the upper rated designs... in the process of making adjustments for the CH.. and then BAM the contest gets extended another week. 100's of entries get added in and it starts to feel like you're working for nothing.... I tend to just back off and work on other contests.

Is there anything that actually discourages a contest holder from just continuing to extend a guaranteed contest as long as they feel like? If there is a charge, shouldn't some of that be added to the contest prize for the designers extra work being put in?

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

Contestholders pay to extend the contest. They can extend the contest if they feel the entries are not yet what they want to see or if they want to work with several designers. Contestholders are paying for a new design, they should have every right to extend the contest if they need to.

Like us on facebook

#3 kristijp

kristijp

• Designer
  • 413 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

Thank you, I was curious about how that works. I didn't know if any CH just had the option to continue freely extending the contest as long as they like. It's happened in a few contests I've been in recently, and I wasn't aware previously that that was possible- at first I thought maybe I was misreading the closing date. Still just finally getting more involved and to know some of the ins-and-outs of DC!

#4 Probir Ghosh

Probir Ghosh

Banned

• Designer
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

Thanks kristijp, Congratulation you are the upper rated designer. Our Pride!
your post is most helpful.
Chs get 100% full-fill design and rated 90-95 or 100. Chs can select a winner. But no Extending a contest 1 week. Expect more design. Some time rated only 0, and Extending contest more day.
Maybe CHs have not time to rate the design or choose the design.
Contest start ----7 days
Extend ---- 7 days
Select time ---- 7 days
Accident ---- 3 or 7 days
--------------------------
Total = 24 or 28 days after You think your reward.;)

Edited by Probir Ghosh, 05 August 2014 - 08:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users