&nsbp;

#1 graphman

graphman

• Designer
  • 876 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:57 PM

Another awesome day begins! Hi all!

Sharie, site creators, designers,

I regularly check out designers court. Even been there. I see that people take copying very serious. There is real money on the line. Some people will straight up use your concept like it's their own. Especially if your design is top rated. Designs will start to flow in that direction. Leaving the CH with a bunch of similar designs. "they all look the same." I have seen a CH say that. In light of the designer-gate copying scandals. (laughter here!) I had a eureka! moment. I think this may be a cool idea. What if an option for designers was created that would enable them to veil their designs from other designers. Sorta like blinding. Say a designer decides to enter a regular non-blind contest. They click on the blue submit design tab. A page like the non-disclosure page pops up. The page gives two options.
(1.) Veil designs or (2.) Viewable. Say the designer picks veiled. Their designs will only be viewable to the CH and Mods. Other designers cannot see them, and the other designers that once were visible, become veiled (blind) to that designer. If they pick viewable. It's like a normal contest. You can see all the designs. Here what makes it good. The designer doesn't have to worry about being copied. and they can't copy anyone. When someone picks veiled It would alert mods when it's uploaded so they could check it against other designs prior to. Also, on the now blind thumbnails that are on the main entries page, the thumbnail would have a view design button if another artists is curious. The catch is if you click it, that entry becomes viewable to the curious clicker, but if the curious clicker is on the veiled option, all of their designs become visible to the designer they clicked on, or all the curious clickers "new" uploads only will now be viewable to that designer (visa vera maybe), You would recieve an alert when they post a new entry. You can now monitor it to see if they copied you. By doing that the clicker has left their digital finger print. The designer would get an alerts that, so and so designer has viewed said entry. Now there is no mistaking;  if the curious designer uploads a new design, and it has layout elements, attributes, or similarities of the design they clicked on. It tightens the window. The mods know without mistake, if you copied. You had interaction with copied designers entry. Thats the gist of the idea. I know you guys are incredibly creative enough to figure out how to make it work. Iron out the details.

Designer Please chime in if you have any ideas or opinions.

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

The blind option is there for the contestholder to choose. This option is the contestholders choice. Many contestholders do not like or want blind option. Many times a client will choose the blind option but after a few days call to have the blind option removed.

Cheating happens in blind contests also. We have some designers that fell it is easier to cheat in blind, We find more serious issues with blind contests also like designers using just as much or more clipart also taking of other designer designers work from  other contest sites to complete stealing of  other company logos.

Blind contest are  good and bad. 

• like an angel and dKOI like this

Like us on facebook

#3 graphman

graphman

• Designer
  • 876 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:42 PM

Well, I figure that the mods monitor the clip art and design rehash issue. That's why I said if you use that option, your automatically on the mod radar, so clip art ain't gonna fly, you can't cheat. It protects the individual within the contests, idea. You can't copy a design you never saw. I know there are a lot of artist that ginuinly feel like they have created something unique, but they arent safe from the bad apples. You almost don't want to upload it, but somebody might beat you to it. How about this, what if it was a feature that is earned, like being able to upload more than 3 designs was, or still is. Lets say level 10, which isn't that easy. The lizonil's and friendnan's could rest a bit easier. I have 12 wins, been here almost 2 years and still not level 10. I hear there is a similar a site, that have contest you can't even enter unless your a "platinum" designer. Earning it would eliminate abuse.

The contest linked below has:

106 designers

228 entries

3 level 10 designers

https://www.designco...e-eloficial-mx/

Think about :)

#4 Meow

Meow

• Designer
  • 442 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:51 AM

Too complicated. What about duplicate accounts?

#5 graphman

graphman

• Designer
  • 876 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:52 AM

Too complicated. What about duplicate accounts?

Nevermind my first draft of the idea; up top. It is a bit much, but the idea and benefit is there. consider my reply to Sharie's comment. The option would only apply to level 10 designers only. That wouldn't be hard at all to implement. Duplicate accounts becomes a non issue. The "E-Eloficial" contest has 106 designers only 3 are level 10.

#6 Sepsix

Sepsix

• Designer
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:02 AM

@graphman ...and what are you trying to say about the level? level 9 below means?

#7 graphman

graphman

• Designer
  • 876 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:49 AM

@whoosef

Level 9 has a goal to shoot for, that's what I'm saying. So are you yay or nay? 

#8 Alatis

Alatis

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:34 AM

That sounds like a really nice idea! The only thing is, about everybody would make there graphics veiled...

• graphman likes this

#9 Oleksandrm

Oleksandrm

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:47 AM

In my opinion this won`t help our community to find cheaters, only make it more complicated. We are working on making moderating process a bit easier, this should help too. Maybe you have suggestions about Designers Court section? Maybe we need to add some features there?

• graphman likes this

#10 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:37 PM

In my opinion this won`t help our community to find cheaters, only make it more complicated. We are working on making moderating process a bit easier, this should help too. Maybe you have suggestions about Designers Court section? Maybe we need to add some features there?

How about when we report a design, we are automatically subscribed to "follow this topic"...
  • sharie and graphman like this

#11 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:47 PM

Morabira , yes for sure. I have requested this feature, also an email to go  out to the designer that is being reported

• morabira and graphman like this

Like us on facebook

#12 DCreations

DCreations

• Designer
  • 290 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:56 AM

Hi Guyz,
can I suggest a little? How about if the ratings and the comments are in “Blind mode”?
Only the Contest Holder know if who is in high Rate. In that case no one know who’s on the right direction.
and also they cannot read the others comments from the contest holder “if he/she had some changes from the design.  :o

#13 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:32 AM

@junifer..
For me, the most thrilling part of a contest is beating up the idea of the highest rating design. If all are in blind mode, the thrill is not there :)
Personally, I don't like blind contest or contest without any design getting rated because I will feel like I'm lack of vitamin to design. :)

Highest rated means ENEMY...kill!...kill!...die!...die!...hehehe
  • ideasstudio likes this

#14 Ridder

Ridder

• Designer
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:43 PM

Hi Guyz,
can I suggest a little? How about if the ratings and the comments are in “Blind mode”?
Only the Contest Holder know if who is in high Rate. In that case no one know who’s on the right direction.
and also they cannot read the others comments from the contest holder “if he/she had some changes from the design.  :o

Great idea.. Love it! It will be interesting. Maybe another independent feature "Blind Feedback (comments & ratings)", or "Confuse the Designers >:-) " .

But contest holders who want it not blind at the first place, because they want us to know and compete.

My personal solutions was to not enter a non-blind contest. And every time I break the rule, regret ;)

#15 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:33 PM

I don't think a Contest holder should have the option to unblind the contest. There are many designers who choose not to enter non-blind contest, so if the contest is blind at first and the designer join the contest I don't think it's fair for him to change the status of the contest after a while. Perhaps he choose that contest just because it was blind.

I guess the designs can be reported after a winner has been chosen too, I know that it's unpleasant for the client if the winner is the one who copied, but it might understand somehow :).

And maybe the infraction point should be more severe...

Junifer's idea is good, but I've met many clients who wanted non-blind contests just to show to all the designers what he likes or doesn't like. So I don't know if it will work.

#16 Routh

Routh

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 705 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:53 PM

What about a star rating system,another designer can't copy if five designs are rated the same,i mean for example 5 designs have a 5 star rating.

#17 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:07 PM

Did you know we have some designers only enter blind contest because they think it is easier to cheat?, These designers enter only blind contests with hopes no one can see or report entries with clipart or stolen designs from  other designers here or other contest sites. This happens often and one reason I am not found of blind contests.

With open contests means we have "more" eyes on the contest entries. More eyes means less cheating

Client will always have option to blind or unblind. Many clients do not like blind contests.

• raihanacitrabetary likes this

Like us on facebook

#18 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:50 PM

I don't speak for logo contests, but for website design it's not always about the design itself, sometimes, it's most important the structure of the site or the ability to ask the right question to the client, because it's a lot of work there and you can waste precious time being in the opposite direction. And if a designer copy my site structure for example and just change something in design (colors or some graphics), I can't do anything about it. And this is not right.

Website design contests should be blind by default, many clients have no idea about blind contests, even if the information is there all the time. They don't know about coding as well, sometimes they expect the whole site in the end. For me it's harder in a open contest, because my biggest concern is not to be inspired from other designers who entered first and I'm always trying to do something different which is not always good. Sometimes I have the same idea and I'm not entering in a contest just because I don't want others to think that I copied.

So maybe only website contests should be blind :).

#19 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:52 PM

NO it should NOT be blind by default. This is the choice of the contestholder.

I completely understand about website contests but this is the contestholders choice, some do not like blind contests

Like us on facebook

#20 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:58 PM

ok,  they must have the option to make the contest non-blind if they really want this. Many of them don't care or don't know about this. So they will take what you offer, without checking for more details. It's a fact that blind contests have more entries than non-blind and it will be their gain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users