Idea to help minimize copying woes.

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:48 AM

I agree that for web design there are more entries in blind contests - CH should probably always choose blind and guaranteed options to get the best results. 

This is not true of all contest types.  The majority of contests are logo contests.  Sometimes blind is better and sometimes open contest is better, depending on many factors.  Really clients should be advised based on their brief and circumstances which options are likely to yield the best results for them.   

As far as copying goes, designcontest works very hard to minimise copying as far as possible.  Apart from banning cheaters quicker(which is already happening) I honestly could not think of any way to improve.   

#22 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:48 AM

Yes, the majority are logo contests, too bad for web designers :). This is available for website contest too, sometimes you are trying to do something modern and CH choose something old fashion. Or similar examples. Sometimes it's good to see what they like, but in the end it's all about each other inspiration and we must find it in ourselves, not in other designers work.

Yes, reporting is good. But sometimes nothing happen with those reports. What can we do when our opinion of copying, is not the same with yours? These things are always interpretable and of course we think that we are right, because we are talking from inside :). Because nothing happen with those reports, we end up saying this is how it works, take it or leave it. And this is bad for our community.

By making the website contests blind by default we finished with this issue, of course with the option to make it open contest (the opposite of what it is now). Most of the designers want this feature, maybe we should vote :)

#23 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36575 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:00 PM

Rasmro, when CH creates the contest, every option is well explained.

If it is such a problem with copying in web design, maybe for this categor extra advising could be highlighted for the blind options.

#24 Ridder

Ridder

• Designer
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:46 PM

Thank you Babba for understanding. I hope you admins and mods discuss promoting Blind optoion more for both Website and Mobile App design.

I'm basically app and website designer, and I avoid any non blind contest as possible. Please note that in these two categories there's too much work to be exposed.

Please don't omit discusing the suggestion for mobile app design as well. Because most of the time, we end up doing about 10 main screens. I had a two-months app finalization once!

#25 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:06 AM

Thank you, Babba for the idea. But you know that we are not the same, maybe what's clear for us, may not be so clear for others :).

I know that website designers are hard to find on this forum, maybe that's why we don't have so many voices here. Anyway, from inside, I tell you that is something happening with the contests lately, I think 90% of them are open contest and the other 10% is blind just because designers asked for this. Always are so few designers that are joining. This would be a problem, contest holders will not coming back or recommend this site, if they have so little options to choose.

And this is the case for landing page, theme design, mobile app design, desktop app design as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users