• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 noelblakley212

noelblakley212

• Client
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:31 AM

Hello,

I have PhotoShop v5.5 and would like to use S3's .dds file format with it. I got the dss.8bi file from S3 (and I think there's one with the original PS CD too), placed it in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\...\Plug Ins\ directory but the .dds format doesn't come up for either reading/writing? I also tried in the "PhotoShop Only" and "ImageReady Only" plug in areas too. The program help and Adobe web support just says to put it there and it will find it but it doesn't work?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:

Thank you.

#2 yvonne910rhodes

yvonne910rhodes

• Client
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2024 - 06:11 AM

Hello,

I have PhotoShop v5.5 and would like to use S3's .dds file format with it. I got the dss.8bi file from S3 (and I think there's one with the original PS CD too), placed it in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\...\Plug Ins\ directory but the .dds format doesn't come up for either reading/writing? I also tried in the "PhotoShop Only" and "ImageReady Only" plug in areas too. The program help and Adobe web support just says to put it there and it will find it but it doesn't work?

Any help will be apprecited.  MyMilestoneCard login

References:

Thank you.

Hello,

It seems you’re having trouble getting Photoshop v5.5 to recognize the .dds file format. Here are a few steps you could try:

Ensure Compatibility: Make sure that the plugin you have is compatible with Photoshop v5.5. Compatibility issues might prevent the plugin from being recognized.

Correct Plugin Version: There might be different versions of the plugin for different Photoshop versions. Verify that you have the correct one for v5.5.

Plugin Installation: Sometimes, plugins need to be installed rather than just copied to the plugins directory. Check if there’s an installer for the .dds plugin.

Photoshop Preferences: Resetting Photoshop preferences can sometimes resolve plugin recognition issues. To do this, hold down Alt, Ctrl, and Shift keys while starting Photoshop.

Check Adobe Support: Look for any additional instructions or updates on the Adobe support community. There might be specific steps for v5.5 that are not well-documented.

Alternative Plugins: If the S3 plugin isn’t working, you might want to try other .dds plugins like the NVIDIA Texture Tools for Adobe Photoshop, which has been recommended by the Adobe community.

Update Photoshop: If none of the above works, consider updating to a newer version of Photoshop if possible, as newer versions might have better support for .dds files.

I hope the information may helps you. 

Best regards,
Yvonne Rhodes

#3 alexcray

alexcray

• Designer
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 02:07 AM

Hello,

Any help will be apprecited.

References:

Thank you.

Photoshop v5.5 doesn't have built-in support for DDS files. The dss.8bi plugin you might have is likely not compatible with this older version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users