• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Fusemin

Fusemin

Banned

• Banned
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:33 PM

I think everyone should be allowed to view everyones profile. Maybe someone wants to contact another member and in the profile you can provide your e-mail or messenger contacting information so it is very helpful.

Just my two cents, let me know what you think :)!

#2 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:46 PM

What if the other person doesn't want to be contacted by just anyone? :)

If a member is really serious about contacting someone via e-mail, then he/she can just fire off a PM to gain that information. Otherwise, if the message is just a "hey, how are you", why not simply send a PM? Unless of course you're sending an attachment, but - then again - who would you need to send attachments to other than the CH, which isn't allowed anyways ;)

At least that's how I see it.

#3 TommyGun96

TommyGun96

• Designer
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:10 AM

Its possible, but I don't think hiding the vBulletin's Member section is really necessary. I someone does not want to be contacted he just does not complete the messenger e-mails o deactivate the "receive mails" option that should be available to select.

I'm an vB moderator in another forum, and never had needs to block the member profile option. That's how I see it. ;)

Good luck! =)

"It´s better to die for something ... than to live for nothing!" :cool:

#4 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:54 AM

I'm an vB moderator in another forum, and never had needs to block the member profile option. That's how I see it. ;)
[/COLOR]

Heh, well I might be able to change your mind about that: For one, spammers and phishers can see every e-mail account that's available. Not sure about your forum, but we get plenty of spammers who wouldn't think twice about sending unsolicited, potentially harmful e-mails to our members.

Also, I should mention, just because something works on one forum - whether it works well there or not - doesn't necessarily mean that the same applies to every forum. For example, there are members here who we (the staff) don't want to be contacted randomly. They should still be allowed to enter their e-mail and other contact info, but forum members shouldn't be able to use that information unless they are on the Design Team.

By the way, we do allow certain usergroups to see profiles, just not everyone.

#5 Fusemin

Fusemin

Banned

• Banned
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:25 PM

Ah okay, thank you, was just a thought :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users