• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 adamdyson

adamdyson

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 03:58 PM

Hi guys, here is my portfolio i created, there isn't that much there but I just wanted to get it uploaded and running. So take a look and tell me what you all think. Cheers.

--: CLICK HERE :--

#2 Crazy Bat

Crazy Bat

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 06:34 PM

Hey Adam.

Here's what I like;
1. I like the way you can change the banner colour. Different.
2. The swirly banner looks neat.

Here's what I think that could be improved;
1. My eye focus goes to the left and right dark 'pillars' you have. Almost overrides the page. Perhaps make them a little less intrusive. A lighter colour or a little smaller.
2. The banner on the top should perhaps incorporate your logo or name. To brand your site, of course.
3. The change colour link kind of gets lost on the page. Perhaps because of what I discussed in point 1. and the light grey colour of the font.

My honest feedback. :)
cb.
Crazy Bat Designs
Home of the phpBB WASO
Helping You Reach The MOST People Possible

#3 Frontend

Frontend

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:41 PM

looks like you were inspired by 2advanced (its v3 site)... anyway, you should make the animations a bit smoother... they look kinda weird.

good luck.

#4 jlinds72

jlinds72

Administrator/ Designer

• Designer
  • 1461 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:52 PM

Hi Adam -

I would agree with CrazyBat & lonelyrabbit's posts. In addition, I think that the font that you use for the links and in the header banner are pretty hard to read at 1024 x 768 resolution - especially where you have your name in light gray - looks too washed out and unimportant - when it should be a prominent part of the page. Also, I would add alt tags to the buttons in your portfolio, especially since you only have 4 samples available - this would save the user time from trying all of them to find that there isn't anything else to view.

Overall, I think you've got a good start - just needs some adjustments. Good luck!

~Jenn
Jenn Lindsey - Freelance Graphic Designer
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" - Joseph Chilton Pearce

My website: jennlindsey.com

Please review the new rules for DesignContest.net here

#5 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 12:06 AM

Adam,

First of all - I agree with everything that has been said already :)

Second - you should know that your menu does not work correctly in Mozilla (Firefox to be exact) It does not seem to appear. I had to open up IE to view it.
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#6 Crazy Bat

Crazy Bat

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 03:51 AM

Adam,

First of all - I agree with everything that has been said already :)

Second - you should know that your menu does not work correctly in Mozilla (Firefox to be exact) It does not seem to appear. I had to open up IE to view it.

See....I was viewing the site in firefox and I wasn't even aware of the menu at the top of the page. Yes...cross-browser testing is important.

So....my comments about incorporating the logo at the top of the page are a bit misdirected. My bad. I would still make the font a little more predominant than the light grey colour.

Still...a good beginning :)
Crazy Bat Designs
Home of the phpBB WASO
Helping You Reach The MOST People Possible

#7 adamdyson

adamdyson

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 04:43 AM

Thanks guys for all your feedback. Looking at my site now I would have to agree with all of you, I going to try and make some changes "asap". Thanks again

#8 Corey

Corey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:21 PM

basicly what everyone above me said and the navigation text doesnt seem to fit well with the layout

#9 Shyflower

Shyflower

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 12:55 AM

Hi guys, here is my portfolio i created, there isn't that much there but I just wanted to get it uploaded and running. So take a look and tell me what you all think. Cheers.

--: CLICK HERE :--

Hi,

I got two run time errors at your site so I didn't continue. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users