• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 greghofmann

greghofmann

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:50 AM

Hey guys,

I've got an online portfolio that needs to be updated because I've done a lot of things recently that I want to get out there, but before I start at it again, I want some opinions from y'all about the site layout, function, etc. I designed it myself with a SERIOUSLY rudimentary knowledge of HTML, and a lot of the limitations stem from that, but I want to spend some time learning more complex functions, and so forth.

I am trying to decide whether to just update and make small changes or to give the thing a complete overhaul.

so give me all the feedback and/or links to tutorials or templates that you can :)

ps. don't try to use the comment button... i broke it because i was getting spammed.
www.rickchicago.com

until i find the time to update my website, i'll be posting new work here:
http://www.facebook....0e&id=558113184

#2 greghofmann

greghofmann

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 04:15 PM

hey. i've begun my overhaul.

i'm especially interested in whether or not it loads consistently on various computers (the galleries on the right of the screen should all be 3x4 and entirely visible without scrolling.

www.rickchicago.com

let me know problems/advice. if you want to see the old site for comparison, it's at www.rickchicago.com/menu.html

#3 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 05:51 PM

Is Rick a pimp ? Sorry, it's just that I've seen you avatar character design many times and it always reminded me of a typical pimp. You know, the hat, the boots, the coat, and the stick. And when I went to visit your site, I couldn't help but associate your character with a pimp, even when I saw that he holds a gun.

Commenting on the site, I think it's an improvement when comparing with your previous version. It's more grouped, and the sections are more clearly defined. Easier to navigate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users