redbanana.se 8.0 now online

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 tomas.brolen

tomas.brolen

• Designer
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:25 AM

As I mentioned earlier I started a redesign of my website. The project has taken a lot longer than I thought mainly because I haven't had any free time to work on it due to various reasons. Anyway now, what you may call a alph-version, it's back online. It still needs a lot of work, things to fix, broken links, image and code optimization etc etc...

#2 suh00ail00

suh00ail00

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:56 AM

well it looks great i like the template ! did you make it or just made some changes ?
http://www.suhails.com/ - In Creativity We Trust â„¢
http://www.suhails.com/blog/ - Official graphic design Blog
http://www.getyourreview.com - Online Review and previews for Nintendo DS and PSP

#3 tomas.brolen

tomas.brolen

• Designer
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:05 AM

It's no template. I asume you mean like a premade wordpress or blogger template?

All the xhtml and css are handcoded by me, from scratch in windows notepad (beleive it or not :) ).

All images and graphics are made in photoshop from scratch or from photographs taken with my SonyEricsson P1 mobile phone.

#4 onesummer

onesummer

Guru

• Designer
  • 804 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:23 PM

i like the nagivation and its transparent background. the logo /site title is a little hard to read. maybe a different textured background or a gradient masked texture that fades to solid the farther out you go? the logo itself is a little plain. and i don't see a 'red banana' anywhere. before going to the site i was totally thinking i'd get to see some cool illustration logo of a red banana somehow or another, but was let down when there was only a very bland tech-ie looking font.

note: i think i sometimes have a problem ofcoming off as being too 'harshly' critical on the forum, but please i only mean to provide worthwhile feedback. my intentions are not to put you or your site down. actually, the layout and setup of the site i love. it's simple, easy to navigate and gets the visitor quickly to the content with no nonsense eye candy effects , load time is small, and it's a very clean look. overall, great job!

oh and good job on passing the W3C validations. i'm so tired of sites having links to them but then not passing the tests.
- onesummer (paul)

visit my portfolio website at: www.pauljobson.com

#5 tomas.brolen

tomas.brolen

• Designer
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:15 PM

the logo /site title is a little hard to read. i don't see a 'red banana' anywhere.

Well it's the header and especially the "logo" that are the problem, I never seem to be satisfied with my headers (or get bored of them after finishing developing them). Several years ago when I registered the company and the domain I tried to come up with a cool "banana logo" but they all turned out too big, too corny, too everything... and especially not looking professional which I wish it to do... I have a folder full with "banana-logos".

any ideas? and yes the current "logo" is dead boring :)

i think i sometimes have a problem ofcoming off as being too 'harshly' critical on the forum, but please i only mean to provide worthwhile feedback.

Critisism in a good way is a must, and something a good designer only see as positive and a tool to become even better. Keep it coming :)

overall, great job! oh and good job on passing the W3C validations. i'm so tired of sites having links to them but then not passing the tests.

Thank you! Of course, that is one of my highest priorities, not to "pass the test", but to code in a correct and semantic way and by doing so you get a great foundation underneath the "hood" of the website... and as a bonus... it validates :)

#6 Chepri

Chepri

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:58 PM

It's looks nice and it's easy to find all the information. Good job!
It's a Chepri

#7 anjelik

anjelik

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:40 PM

well to be honest i dont like the main banner,i would change it,but banner for weblog its nice ,what about you do for each section,different banner as for weblog,it would be nice,otherwise good job!

#8 tomas.brolen

tomas.brolen

• Designer
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:08 AM

well to be honest i dont like the main banner,i would change it,but banner for weblog its nice ,what about you do for each section,different banner as for weblog,it would be nice,otherwise good job!

As I said the banner is my problem :)

The intention is to have a different but simular header for each of the websites sections and the one for the weblog is the only one I'm somewhat satisfied with so far...

Thank you for your thoughts... any ideas for the headers?

#9 anjelik

anjelik

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:24 AM

what about if you put your work in headers,style like the weblog,but each different background,and add your work,like small preview or blended with banner,with some effect added?
like home put your best work
about you,put your personnal or photos you love most,etc,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users