Titans of Space is a educational virtual reality app about the Solar System, stars, and related topics. The player rides along on a musical & self-paced tour with a dashboard that provides information and other tour controls. It's all about taking advantage of VR to convey a sense of scale of celestial bodies in an immersive way.
I'm currently updating the look of the cover art and app icon and would like the mobile edition to have a more professional look. I've been told the current icon looks boring and that users almost passed right by the app because of it.
Guidelines for your entry:
1) Does not need to have the title in the icon.
2) Needs to include part of a yellow/orange Sun.
3) Base entry should be authored with expectation that I will rasterize it at 2560x1440px, and then crop a square 512x512px app icon out of it. It should downscale well with significant details clearly discernable at 256x256px.
4) If the contest allows it, a bonus would be separate images for cover art and app icon -- for example if you would like to use a border or transparency for the icon, etc.
5) If including the title, your entry should *not* include the "Classic" moniker.
6) If including the title, a small amount of space should be reserved for a "registered trademark" symbol on the right side of the title (I will add this).
7) The cover art image should include space in a bottom corner for the "Cardboard" icon, as shown in one of the attached files (I will add the icon myself).
For reference, I've added several logos and past icons, each with comments.
If you would like to try the app to get some inspiration, download/store links are available at http://titansofspacevr.com/#downloads. (If you don't have a VR headset, you can try the "Monitor Version", available for Windows).
Thank you very much to anyone that takes a stab at this!