2) The artist who can make an awesome illustration of the Guardian will have an advantage.
3) Show your artistic genius.
4) Make this for the right age group. This can be gritty and semi-realistic if done correctly, but someone who can illustrate well will have an advantage.
There are 4 (four) potential covers for this book. Please look at them all and choose which you'd like to submit. Please feel free to contact me with questions or alternate cover ideas if you believe you have a good feel of what I'm looking for. **Also, I want to make sure you can tell it's a ~15-year-old 1/2 Asian boy. He's the protagonist and this needs to appeal to teens/pre-teens.**
1) EARTH: A half-dragon boy (15 years old, 1/2 Asian, 1/2 caucasian, black hair, slender/muscular build, martial artist) finds himself hunted when he flees to Earth. Hunting him is *the Guardian, a 6'6 man with 2 heads. The first head is human and helmeted so you can only see the eyes, the 1/2 is draconic (like a traditional dragon) and not wearing a helmet. The human arm is bound in leathers across its chest. There is a huge claymore on the Guardian's back. He is throwing a ball of flame that trails fire back to his hand and the boy is barely dodging it. The boy is being barely holding his own. The boy's clothes are white, similar to a kung fu outfit, complete with frog ties in the front. The shoes are black as. There is a red emblem with four gold bars on each of the boy's shoulders. *SEE DESCRIPTIONS BELOW
2) DRACONIS: Same description of the boy and Guardian. The boy is running through a vast, burning martial arts academy made of stone. Even the stone is washed with flame. The Guardian is behind the boy, causing the dragonfire to rise from the ground.
3) DRACONIS: A huge floating airship is burning under a crimson red sky. It has large burning kites supporting it and a giant hole in the hull caused by an explosion of flame. It looks like a giant floating luxury galleon. As the airship explodes, the boy is propelled through the air away from the ship. He leaped away from the ship with the explosion behind him. He is close to the airship and is being caught in the edge of the explosion. This could be a view from the ground up, or there could be tall, jagged black mountains in the background. Any foliage is thorny and twisted.
4) EARTH: The boy is dressed for a high school dance, wearing a sweater and pants. He's fighting blue-robed men with lizard scales covering their faces and hands. They're on a school rooftop during nighttime with the bright moon showing through clouds. He's protecting a pretty 16-year old girl with long brown hair. She's in a stunning blue dress. Picture it as though they're surrounded and 6-12 lizard men are slowly closing in. Make sure to show they're both teenagers. They should be noticeably smaller than the lizard men. (Optional: The lizard men are shimmering into and out of sight. The girl can be looking through an odd array of lenses similar to binoculars and pointing to where they are.) **It would be great to see some entries in this category** THIS WOULD MAKE AN AWESOME BACK COVER: DRACONIS ON THE FRONT COVER, EARTH ON THE BACK.
The galleon's deck was quite large for an air transport, and much more ornate than other air ships. Boarding it was like walking into the middle of a miniature palace. Pillars and statues decorated the center of the deck, ringed with fountains and on-deck streams. Only royalty had access to such extravagance, and the contrast from the sparse Academy grounds was striking in the least. Constructed of petrified wood from the Cloudlands, the deck gleamed with such polish that the sky overhead seemed to live in the reflection. But a tinting enchantment dimmed the glare, making it easy to see on even the brightest day.
Above the deck, two tall layers of balconies were supported by vast, marble pillars, each balcony leading to interior chambers that were fit to house the highest Scribes, politicians, or dignitaries. The entire ship hung easily beneath five tremendous air balloons with many shimmering firesilk kite wings protruding from their sides. There was a constant stream of heated air issuing from the balloons, causing the wings to billow upward. But the archaic floatation system was completely unnecessary to the galleon's air buoyancy. The real propulsion was all supplied by a series of enchanted stone-burning engines located deep beneath the deck.
The Guardian stood, regarding Gregory with both sets of eyes. It was covered with burn marks and its armor was dented as if it had just come through a very hard battle. The HUMAN's head is covered with a thick, gleaming silver helmet. His eyes gleam red with restrained magic. On its left DRAGON head are yellow eyes with the slit pupils of an elder dragon.
The Guardian is dressed like a traditional Roman gladiator with his chest and washboard abs exposed. His lizard head is exposed, looking like a miniature dragon. His torso is split from the middle of his TWO necks diagonally to the hip on the side of his lizard head. Most of the torso is HUMAN, but the 1/3 is draconic with obvious green scales. The HUMAN arm is very strong and obviously immobilized with thick leather bindings that criss-cross at odd angles while the DRAGON arm is thin and lean, complete with shiny green scales and talons on the hand and dragon-like spines on the arm.
On his back, he carried a tremendous two-handed sword with an extra long hilt that gleams in the sunlight.
15 years old, 1/2 Asian, 1/2 caucasian, black hair, wearing a white kung fu style outfit. Roughly 5'9" tall. His shoes are black and he has a red sash with 4 gold bars on each shoulder, signifying his rank as an Adept. He's lean and muscular from 10 straight years of brutal martial arts training. If you choose #4 above, see the clothing description in #4.
16 years old, gorgeous, slender with decent curves, brown hair, roughly 5'9 wearing a striking blue dress with bare feet. She has an "aurascope" which is a device like a telescope with lots of different colored lenses lining up along the shaft. The lenses can swing into place or out, depending on which aura she's looking for. See the alternate options in #4 if you're tackling this one. It's a great back cover idea as well.
Please contact me with any questions. I look forward to seeing your work!