Elite Designer acceptance voting system

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 HWorks

HWorks

• Designer
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:15 PM

To let everyone know: I am going to be stuck on dialup internet access for a few months, so the application process will not be as quick as I'd like. Please remember, each application is thoroughly reviewed, manually, and portfolios will take quite some time to load on my extremely slow internet connection, it is this that will slow the process down most. Please bare with me and have some patience, I'll be getting back up to speed by the end of fall :)

Hello Illumina, I had not read this post so I am sorry if I sent you multiple PM :p

I have a question. I have seen many quiet and not disturbing members getting many NO on the poll, I really always read the posts before voting and I was wondering if the poll system could be negative in a way. Some very competitive designers could vote no just to avoid other skilled designers having the appliance accepted, I really can't find other reasons for voting no in those cases. I suggest to make people write down a line with the reasons why the user should have bothered the community; without that it might be unfair. I dunno if I made clear, but I find it unfair for some people to be judged negatively without a reason.

Regards.

EDIT: I read right now that scorpionagency asked the same thing, I'll read replies.

#22 insane

insane

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:59 PM

bring it on !!!

#23 insane

insane

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

ohhh yeah but how does it work ??

#24 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:52 PM

ohhh yeah but how does it work ??

The voting is based on that members participation with in DC it really should have no reflection on their work.
DC is simply asking "did this member contribute to the site in a POSITIVE way?"

If I feel you've been posting a bunch of crap just to get to the 10 posts then I'll vote NO.
If I've read where you've been helpful participated within the forum maybe participated in some of the community contests. then I'd vote YES.

There are a few threads that discuss this more in depth. just look/read around in this area.
;)

#25 Royco53

Royco53

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:27 AM

Hi, i'd like to give you people some info about me.

My name is Roy, and i just want to be a part of this family.
I do live in the Netherlands and spent my days designing logo's and websites.

So i tried to participate this contest, but i was not alowed to send in my proposal.

But now i do understand why.

No probs i will try to post as must post as possible.

#26 emdesign

emdesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

Just curious, how long does the process take? And if you are not accepted will you be notified? I filled out the application about a week or so ago and have not heard anything back yet, so I'm just wondering.
Thanks! Mindy

#27 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:19 PM

Did you read this page?

DesignContest.net | Become Elite Designer

You will be notified whenb your portfolio has been accepted or denied. In the mean time it would be a great time to get to know Design Contest forums, there is a wealth of information to read and learn and you might make some new friends as well

Like us on facebook

#28 emdesign

emdesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

Did you read this page?

DesignContest.net | Become Elite Designer

You will be notified whenb your portfolio has been accepted or denied. In the mean time it would be a great time to get to know Design Contest forums, there is a wealth of information to read and learn and you might make some new friends as well

I have read that page numerous times and fulfill all those requirements. Do you happen to know about how long it takes for them to get to the application after it has been submitted?

On a side note, do you happen to know if there will be any new community contests soon? I'm kicking myself for missing the deadline for the vampire drink. I made a design and everything and thought I had more time to send it in. I was sad to see yesterday I had missed out. Oh well, there is always next time!

Thanks! Mindy

#29 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:37 PM

I have read that page numerous times and fulfill all those requirements. Do you happen to know about how long it takes for them to get to the application after it has been submitted?

On a side note, do you happen to know if there will be any new community contests soon? I'm kicking myself for missing the deadline for the vampire drink. I made a design and everything and thought I had more time to send it in. I was sad to see yesterday I had missed out. Oh well, there is always next time!

Thanks! Mindy

They are processed in the order they come. then reviewed and an email will be sent to you regarding you acceptance or not. Then you'll be voted upon.

As for the Community contests. Yes there will another one soon. One of our staff members are working out the details as we speak. ;)
It should be a fun one.

#30 emdesign

emdesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:54 PM

They are processed in the order they come. then reviewed and an email will be sent to you regarding you acceptance or not. Then you'll be voted upon.

As for the Community contests. Yes there will another one soon. One of our staff members are working out the details as we speak. ;)
It should be a fun one.

Thanks! Enjoy your weekend, Mindy

#31 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

Look at this. while we were here posting in the forums a new community contest has just sprung up. :D
DesignContest.net | A Leprechaun's Backyard

#32 osk386

osk386

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:56 AM

Ive just been participate on a contest of a funny "baby monster" but I have the dude how the votes are applied, i told this because the winner was a good sketch from a baby stamp with two dogtooth..but was not funny..

I think votes should be qualified in categories depending on requirements, for example a contest of a car sketch should have options to vote: ellegance, creativity, dinstinction...etc and each one of these topics should be a percentage value to qualified the best...

Edited by osk386, 05 April 2010 - 04:48 AM.

#33 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:02 PM

Ive just been participate on a contest of a funny "baby monster" but I have the dude how the votes are applied, i told this because the winner was a good sketch from a baby stamp with two dogtooth..but was not funny..

I think votes should be qualified in categories depending on requirements, for example a contest of a car sketch should have options to vote: ellegance, creativity, dinstinction...etc and each one of these topics should be a percentage value to qualified the best...

votes are simply who's you liked the best. If someone didn't follow the brief given then you wouldn't vote for it. ;) simple as that. it's your vote use it as you like.

#34 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

I agree with fusion-girl

Really? what exactly do you agree with about what fusiongirl wrote?

#35 princessjady

princessjady

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:06 AM

Hello Illumina, I had not read this post so I am sorry if I sent you multiple PM :p

I have a question. I have seen many quiet and not disturbing members getting many NO on the poll, I really always read the posts before voting and I was wondering if the poll system could be negative in a way. Some very competitive designers could vote no just to avoid other skilled designers having the appliance accepted, I really can't find other reasons for voting no in those cases. I suggest to make people write down a line with the reasons why the user should have bothered the community; without that it might be unfair. I dunno if I made clear, but I find it unfair for some people to be judged negatively without a reason.

Regards.

EDIT: I read right now that scorpionagency asked the same thing, I'll read replies.

I totally agree with SliverFX.Or may I suggest to have the DC team to screen thru those had been voted 'NO' and give a second chance to those that are really good ones or like what SliverFX had mentioned to have a good and strong reason to support their 'NO' vote if not it will be consider invalid.

#36 krave

krave

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:34 AM

Hi,

I just became a member and I am curious if the voters are also allowed to enter the contests....a little confused lol

Introduction:

This post is a brief overview of how the "Attention All Members: _____ needs your votes!" threads work. You may have already seen them in this section and there may actually be several of these up right now. What follows is a breakdown of the system being implemented with these threads.

Basic Idea:

Motivated by our recent "nice work" discussion, we’ve decided that it would be fair for Design Team applicants to be voted upon in terms of their (hopefully meaningful) interaction with others on the forum. Therefore, once a designer has applied to the Design Team via the usual application form and has proven to meet or exceed our standards for Design Team members with his/her portfolio, that designer will be subject to the voting system described below.

More Details:

The voting begins when a thread titled, "Attention All Members: _____ needs your votes!", is posted in the Announcements section; naturally, the blank will be replaced with the username of some DC forum member. Within this newly created thread, users will find a poll-question along the lines of, “Has this forum member contributed positively to your DC experience?” If you believe that the answer is yes, then vote “Yes”; otherwise, you should vote “No” given, of course, that you’ve seen at least a few of the member's posts and strongly believe that there has been no such positive contribution.

In order to pass this voting process, the total number of "yes" votes must exceed the total number of "no" votes by at least two (2) votes . Further to that, if the number of "yes" votes does not exceed the number of "no" votes by at least three (3) votes, then the pass/fail outcome of the poll remains at the full discretion of the administrator running the poll. The administrator may inspect the applicant's profile and/or consider any other relevant information to determine the outcome of the poll.

Please Vote:

The results of these polls will strongly affect the final decision about the Design Team application in question. Therefore, we stress the following:

a. Voting is vital – If you’re not already on the Design Team, then chances are that you too may be voted upon at some point. Please extend the courtesy of voting to others, remembering that you would surely have them do the same for you!

b. We encourage all applicants to keep this voting system in mind at all times; not just before and during, but also after the application process – If your skills are enough to get you through the Design Team door, then we would certainly appreciate it if you could share some of those skills with the rest of the forum members. Be it in the form of an occasional critique or a bit of inspirational work, your contributions to DC will help make it a better place.

Best of luck to all applicants, and thank you for voting!

Important:_______
Please note that, while this voting process is vital to becoming a Design Team member, it does not serve to undermine the required skills that are presented in a designer's portfolio. One should not expect to enter the Design Team based on forum participation alone.
note: the original thread was flooded with offtopic messages and it had to be closed, but if you are still interested you can find it here.

#37 BSDESIGN

BSDESIGN

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:53 AM

Question? Do I have to just post 10 comments or be voted in to participate in the contests.

#38 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:00 AM

You are required to have 10 posts to participate in the open to all contests. You have to be an Elite Designer to participate in the Elite Designers only contests. Below are some posts and threads to check out

info on types of contests
DesignContest.net Entering Professional Contests

DesignContest.net Forum Participation

Info on becoming an Elite Designer
DesignContest.net Become Elite Designer

Like us on facebook

#39 amir

amir

• Designer
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:53 PM

hello again,
after ten posts need wait again?
i understand all this rules,
what must i doing more...???

#40 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:59 PM

After 10 posts. you will Apply to be an elite designer from DesignContest.net Become Elite Designer

Then you will go through a voting system, if you pass, then you'll be an elite designer in a couple of hours :)

Good-luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users