• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:57 PM

This is very different just want to see what kind of designer you are. Choose the different option between in each section between the lines. Also say why you have chosen those options.

-----
If you are extrovert :
You work with loud music
Have better result when working when it is busy
Can't work when it is silence
Need to have people around you
Move allot can't sit still to design

Introvert:
Love silence
Work best when they are alone
Love soft or classical music
Move very little can sit and design for hours
-----

Adrenaline junky
:
Loves danger and thrills
Speedfreak always want to go faster
Ain't afraid of anything
First to step up to the line
Deadline are no problem even when it is way to short

Normal bloodflow
:
Only love looking at danger would never do those things (like in sports)
100km/h or 60m/h is fast inof
Nerves for speeches or big audiences
Wait till someone else goes first
Deadline need to be in a fair time

Low pressure
:
Don't even like watching danger ( like in sports)
No highway at all
Too coward to have a speech and let someone else do it
Always last
Deadlines need to be planned way ahead and not on a short notice
-------

Quality
Everything needs to be perfect
Uses allot of grids, rulers and guides
Test colors in any way and check the pms swatches allot
Rather too late than sending something bad

Quantity
It is impossible to get everything perfect
Does directly out of a loose hand
Just choose the colors they think it is correct
Rather faster done than planned

-----

I am a extrovert, adrenalin junk who does quality.

I am extrovert I need to have people around to design however they shouldn't bother me. I need to have a headphone on with good music but nothing that is way to slow or classical.

Adrenalin junk because I love speed and riding with 2 wheels. I have own racing bicycle and mountainbike ride as fast as I can with it. I also got a moped and love gokarting. Also got my own sparco suit for it. And really want to get my motorcycle licence or even a track licence. Also dare to publish and design things that is far out of the box that nobody would design at all.
Speeches are easy never even prepare things just do it out of my head. And always to take initiative to be first.

Quality I can't seem to work without using rulers, guides and smartguides. Everything need to be best possible. Working with other person is also hard because I want to have perfect and am unsure if other can provide to my standard. Always search ways to improve to have a higher quality.

Edited by Chung Dha, 08 August 2009 - 06:38 AM.

#2 NancyCarter

NancyCarter

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 827 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:42 PM

I'm an introvert, but an acting extrovert. I'm naturally somewhat introverted. Most people who meet or know me would suspect otherwise as I tackle my life as an extrovert. Interaction with the world - professional and personal - is fuller and happier, I think, as an extrovert. It's work and it tires me, but I can do it.

Normal Blood Flow. Occassional dips into either extreme.

Quality. I'd rather have a waitlist and provide good product than fast and mass production.

--- Fun thread!
Blessings,
Nancy

www.NancyCarterDesign.com

#3 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:22 PM

I would say that I am an Introvert -- I can sit for hours designing. I get so focused and involved with the task at hand. Music in the background is nice but I wouldn't notice if it was not there.

A little bit of an Adrenaline Junky -- I am a martial artist and not afraid to take risks. Pressure or new siutations do not intimidate me.

Definitely Quality!! If you aren't going to do it right, don't do it at all. :)

#4 nyxxie

nyxxie

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 309 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:23 AM

I'd say I'm an extrovert (I always get up and walk around when I have a burst of ideas, I can't sit still)

with normal blood flow (yup, sounds about right)

that likes quality of quantity. (sketching, sketching, checking colors, making it perfect or not making it at all)

Nice quiz! :)

#5 xorMedia

xorMedia

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:32 AM

I wouldn't say that a introvert person listens just silen and classical music, i think i'm a introvert adrenalin junkie who loves loud music ))) ...
“How to succeed? Try hard enough.”
Malcolm Forbes 1919-1990

#6 purple

purple

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:08 PM

This is tough, some things about me scream extrovert, I love having the music loud and I get up and down a million times in an hour, but as far as having other people around, I'm more of an introvert.
Definitely not an adrenaline junkie, I'd say normal blood flow.
And quality for me as well.
mattballinger
portfolio

#7 Em.

Em.

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:55 PM

Im extrovert in design (exept people i need to have around me) , in normal life when im not sitting in front of the computer im total introvert :]

i like this confrontation

#8 Mardel

Mardel

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:36 AM

Im extrovert in design (exept people i need to have around me) , in normal life when im not sitting in front of the computer im total introvert :]

Im exactly as you are:D

#9 obrien2609

obrien2609

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:33 PM

haha

#10 RoT

RoT

• Designer
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:03 AM

Introvert, except for the music ;-)
Normal bloodflow
Quality
The best design decisions are simple, because they don't contain elements that are not necessary... and contain the necessary elements in a way that looks logical...

#11 USANGEL

USANGEL

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:07 PM

Introvert:
Love silence
-----

Yeah for sure!

#12 slbergh

slbergh

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:01 AM

Must depend on which personality is doing the designing!

Extrovert: You work with loud music, Have better result when working when it is busy, Can't work when it is silence

Introvert: Work best when they are alone, Move very little can sit and design for hours

Adrenaline junkie: First to step up to the line, Deadlines are no problem even when it is way too short

Normal bloodflow: Nerves for speeches or big audiences

Definitely quality, though, regardless of which of me in in charge! :-)

#13 geek

geek

Guru

• Designer
  • 436 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:43 AM

I'm flexible and I can be any of those kind when times need it. Depending on urgency, need, style, client and many things. Of course, with all this kind of behavior in me quality is my game.

While designing, I am also trading forex :) and reading some articles or forums.

Extra curricular activities are: uploading to istockphotos, dreamstime, logopound, logolounge, and checking out facebook. I get used to different kind of environment and I adapt very easily. I am exposed to total silence at the middle of the night as well as chaotic office environment and household setting. I don't consider myself as an artist, maybe that's why my mood goes well to the flow.

#14 chandro

chandro

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 09:28 PM

Introvert:
Love silence

#15 kadong

kadong

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:36 AM

omg.. im an extrovert and quality. lol well basically. i still have some work attitudes that are not mentioned. hehehe

but this is nice, atleast we could share what kind of persons we are, well partially coz we havent seen each other tho. lol

peace :D
i love my work :D

#16 strato

strato

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:33 AM

Andrenalin junkie!!But classical music also always on my ipod( soundtracks- LOTR, Dances With Wolves etc.)
Wine while brainstorming anyone?

#17 awhipl

awhipl

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:23 AM

introvert, adrenaline junkie, quality.

i generally find that I work better when I get excited about a project and work for hours straight on it. I tend to lose ideas and creativity when I break up the process.

#18 Jochemdv

Jochemdv

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

Introvert when focussed on a difficult, Extrovert if you're enthousiastic and the job is easy. Quality, Quantity, under stress or relaxed if your afraid you'll have to wait and count the weeks to the deadline.

Being "versatile" is definitly a must if you want to work as a designer with a wide range of clients and projects.

So i'd like to be all of them.
All though i'd still be the Extrovert Adrenaline junky that goes for the absolute highest quality within the quantity rules

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#19 machineman

machineman

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:20 AM

Introvert/Extrovert combo that designs 7 days a week and I sing and play guitar in a Rock band too. myspace.com/intrinsicx I love Photoshop and Illustrator with a passion! ~ I'm always amazed at how much great talent there is to discover in this world! ~ I love learning and will listen to sound instruction. my favorite band is Iron Maiden. favorite artist M.C. Escher. looking forward to joining the design team once I'm found worthy lol. glad to be a part of this site. best wishes to all. :) Michael

#20 mchart

mchart

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:53 AM

I think I'm an introvert / normal blood flow / quality. Some times I can venture into the "Adrenaline junky" category in certain situations.

I wonder how many people would actually admit that they always prefer quantity?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users