&nsbp;

#1 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:21 PM

Posted Image
Today the new collection of Adobe CS series is out. All with allot of innovative or improved functions with make the life easier for designers.

The new functions for Illustrator:

* Draw multiple drawing field on a single file. Make possible to choose wich fielt to export and have all designs in a single file.
* Transparent gradient. Finally they added this, because with the older version this was not possible and only could bypass it with making a opacity mask.
* Improved gradients tools like flash. They also finally imported this tool from Flash wich had a much better and easier tool to edit or change gradients.

New Photoshop functions:

* Content aware scaling, special image scaling without loosing things. It was rumored a long time that Adobe had bought this and would implement into Photoshop and they did it. Watch how it work in the next video.

to see the video click here...

#2 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:29 PM

I'm going to stick with CS3 for now.......the upgrades seem good, but I don't need....

#3 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:35 AM

I am loving the new features also the way to change curves or level are all new inside photoshop. Allot of rendering added to make everything to look much better however not sure if I need a way faster computer to use these kinds of things. However I really love the update they added to Illustrator and made things much easier. Now you can control the radial and linear gradient better just like withing the flash gradient tool.

#4 Hans Vargas

Hans Vargas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:45 AM

Here you can see the information about CS4 as well as some animations on the new features

Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended

• Guests

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:26 PM

just the transparency gradient will make it worth for me :)

#6 WickedMind

WickedMind

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:27 PM

In Amsterdam on the 23rd there was a meeting held by Adobe Usergroup and some people from Adobe came to show all the important new changes in CS4.
Almost every title from the CS series passed with some new features explained. Loved it!

Can't wait to get started with the new kinetics within Flash and the relation of titles within production suite has been improved alot!

#7 Carbon

Carbon

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:51 AM

Finally, been waiting for this to come out :). I have already order it, hoping to get it soon and start playing around!

#8 Design Republic

Design Republic

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:05 AM

at last the long wait has ended. this will be my medium to be come more effective in designing.

#9 boltanski27

boltanski27

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:49 PM

I'm only just mastering C3!!

#10 sol

sol

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:48 AM

The best imporvments imho are the ones, which were made for Flash, especially the bone tool will save a huge lot of time ))
"We are too accustomed to the absurdity of existence. The loss of a universe is not worth taking seriously"

#11 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:08 AM

"How much more can we cram in this year guys?"

Now presenting...Adobe Photoshop Re-Extended ++ Platinum ;)

#12 Guest_Gerhard Schlee_*

Guest_Gerhard Schlee_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:26 PM

While Adobe makes Illustrator better ands better, corel launchs that crappy CorelDRAW X4, which is a lot heavier than X3, and adds nothing interesting... I am about to move from CorelDRAW to Illustrator, that's for sure...

#13 2ndFloorDesign

2ndFloorDesign

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:55 PM

Is it me, or is it a bit of a nuisance when new versions are released? First we feel the excitement because it's new, then we feel the guilt because we can't afford to upgrade our whole designers-tool-box every year. But also, these new versions don't play well with older versions.

I personally have CS1 and CS3, but I'm finding multiple design outsource firms who want CS2, of which I don't have....(and can't seem to find at a bargain basement discount). Besides, who wants to have 3 versions (and now 4) clashing together only our pc (or mac)

I want to upgrade (does CS4 have transparent gradations in InDesign too??)...but I fear it would be fore naught, I'd have clients and printers who use CS1, CS2, CS3, and CS4 and I'd have to have all 4 installed on my pc. Yikes! can anyone say "crash of the titans?" Give me a version that can simply save backwards versions.

#14 computerlove

computerlove

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:25 AM

2ndFloorDesign: I assume you're talking about InDesign. I feel your pain.

Damn Adobe, fails at a backward compatible InDesign...

#15 blakeissuarez

blakeissuarez

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:41 PM

i don't think i'll need much of the updates either. But I'll see.

#16 2ndFloorDesign

2ndFloorDesign

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:28 PM

Yes Love, I meant InDesign. Thanks for feeling my pain...
As it is, I just purchased CS2, just got it today, because a client of mine uses it. And now I'll have 3 versions running on my PC. Hope I don't clash/crash!:eek:

2ndFloorDesign: I assume you're talking about InDesign. I feel your pain.

Damn Adobe, fails at a backward compatible InDesign...

#17 jones8

jones8

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:29 PM

I'm only just mastering C3!!

Same here! They move so fast these days. That said, I don't see CS4 as having enough of a change to upgrade just yet.
Suede Bed at regencyshop | micro suede comforter set Clearance Sale!

#18 SeeMO

SeeMO

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:12 AM

not a lot !
i'll keep using CS3, working in illustator_Photoshop_After Effects, all i need i have it their.
Posted Image

#19 purpleplate

purpleplate

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:39 PM

cs3 is good for now, everything i need, i can find so i think i'll wait to get cs4

#20 jrldorado

jrldorado

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:31 PM

photoshop cs4 rocks it! love it so much! especially the rotating canvas. cuts my drawing time in half.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fine, kuala lumpur, malaysia, member, pixie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users