• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 kraftomatic

kraftomatic

• Guests
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 08:33 PM

Just my $.02,

Back when I submitted a contest, there were only a small handful of topics you could post in. Now there seems to be way too many and it's almost confusing for people who want to jump on and see what's going on. I swear some of the most popular forums are the ones with the least amount of topics - less is more. :)

IMO, I don't think any of the "coding" forums are necessary. This is a place for designing and having contests. If I'm coming here as a designer, I want to quickly view the contests and see what's going on. If I'm looking to put up money for a contest, I want to quickly see what kind of work people are doing and if this is something for me.

I just think there's gotten to be too much clutter here. This is a great idea and I think you guys should stick with the core concepts of it. Design.

:)

#2 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:07 PM

Do you mean to many forums, as in categories to post things? If so I agree with you - but as I looked a while back to clean things up, there really weren't many options.

I think it would be helpful to get rid of the vBulletin forum, the Coding forum, and the Domain Names forum. It would also be helpful to somehow get rid of the "how to start/enter a contest" forums.

What do you think resurepus?
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#3 kraftomatic

kraftomatic

• Guests
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 02:29 AM

Yep, that's what I was thinking. Another example:

"How to start a design contest"
"How to participate in a design contest"

Couldn't these be threads in a bigger, "How to" forum, rather than individual forums? Have them sticky at the top perhaps.

Just a thought.

Do you mean to many forums, as in categories to post things? If so I agree with you - but as I looked a while back to clean things up, there really weren't many options.

I think it would be helpful to get rid of the vBulletin forum, the Coding forum, and the Domain Names forum. It would also be helpful to somehow get rid of the "how to start/enter a contest" forums.

What do you think resurepus?

#4 browncat

browncat

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:23 PM

Maybe the "How to Enter" & "How to Start" instructions could go on the main page instead of in the forums. I would keep the "coding" forum and get rid of the "hangout" forum.
browncat.cityclicker.net

BROWN CAT DESIGN

#5 jlinds72

jlinds72

Administrator/ Designer

• Designer
  • 1461 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 03:49 PM

Maybe the "How to Enter" & "How to Start" instructions could go on the main page instead of in the forums. I would keep the "coding" forum and get rid of the "hangout" forum.

I think that the "How to Start a Contest" and "How to participate...." topics should just be posted as a sticky at the top of each of the individual design contest categories, because I think that too many times when people enter contests, they've missed reading these first. It might be more accessible to them if it appears in every category.

As far as the Hangout forum - this is necessary for kind of a "catch-all" for any topics that aren't design specific, so this forum can't be eliminated. There should be a place for people to post off-topic from actual design related subjects.
Jenn Lindsey - Freelance Graphic Designer
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" - Joseph Chilton Pearce

My website: jennlindsey.com

Please review the new rules for DesignContest.net here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users