&nsbp;

#1 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 06:05 PM

Chung Dha Lam: Shadow Business card

Here is a business card design I am testing. A card where you don't see anything on it till you hold it against a light. One is a normal paper print another is a chrome card with a special foil. The chrome one can also be put over a mobile phone to read the content.

• Guests

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:25 PM

More clever stuff from Chung Dha? :) How did you make it?

#3 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:29 PM

The plain paper I printed black on the inside for the dark area so white will shine through. The other one is printer on a overhead sheet and pasted special mirror foil which is transparent when light shine through and mirror when light is reflected from it.

#4 Namita_ravi

Namita_ravi

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:22 AM

The plain paper I printed black on the inside for the dark area so white will shine through. The other one is printer on a overhead sheet and pasted special mirror foil which is transparent when light shine through and mirror when light is reflected from it.

ohh k! :) thats really clever! can in see more of your work?

#5 2ndFloorDesign

2ndFloorDesign

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:38 PM

That's all very cool. Wish we could find clients who desire out of the box concepts like that. They are very few and far between, unless of course you've got a dream job of designing for paper manufacturers.....

#6 juluque

juluque

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:03 AM

as a concept i think it is great, but remember a business card has an specific use, to communicate and to all type of people. Even people that doesn't see very well. I can see a problem there. You need some instructions to be able to read. So I don't see to become something popular. But you never know, there is a client for each idea.
Best of luck.

#7 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:25 PM

I am my own client lol seem the giving away of these card seem to attract some attentions too. Get some jealous faces and people asking for one, once someone had show it to them.

#8 frost

frost

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:09 PM

that is cool. It reminds me of those magic markers...secret messages to be revealed.

#9 inntoon

inntoon

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:23 AM

So many people - especially realtors - take business cards for granted, but they can be a very powerful relationship maker (or breaker). When you give out a business card that people notice, they tend to keep it. How many boring business cards do we shovel out of our wallets and into the trash? Why make a boring first impression when you can really make a statement?

I like these cards. If they're a bit avant garde that's fine. For me, if it scares off the boring clients with no vision who want "traditional design," , it only makes more room for the ones worth working with.

Keep up the good work.

#10 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:51 AM

I know some designers even put their whole own brand on a low level. Yeah I seen too much businesscard and got a whole stack of plain cards with info but I do collect and save them. You never know might come in use not only the person but could turn the whole stack into some art or research on business card designs.

#11 jmgarrido

jmgarrido

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:44 AM

i love the chromed one. great idea :D

#12 Hans Vargas

Hans Vargas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

that is a cool effect

#13 christyburke

christyburke

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:11 AM

The white one is a cool idea. I would just be afraid it might get accidentally tossed out.

#14 jones8

jones8

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:50 AM

Very cool. I can see maybe a magician or something like that wanting this type of card. Great work!
Suede Bed at regencyshop | micro suede comforter set Clearance Sale!

#15 DreamSky

DreamSky

• Designer
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:08 AM

Very clever again!
I don't know where you get your ideas from but you do that very well :) . Well, I still like your burgopak and animated business cards better, but this one is really great too!

And I would have to disagree to a certain extent with juluque's opinion here. It is true, business cards have their purpose of mainly providing contact information but they are a type of presentation too. I mean, if you are a designer, an artist or anything else that requires creativity, your business cards are just another great tool to show off that.
And be sure that if someone gets impressed by your business card, s/he would definitely find a way (the proper light :) ) to read that contact information.
So if you are a lawyer for example, go for readability. But if you are a designer - bet on creativity.

#16 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:47 PM

Finally made a vid of this card now you can see it better in action with the phone and holding it against the light and with out a light.

Chung Dha Lam: See through Chrome Businesscard

#17 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:30 PM

that is very very cool... :D

#18 Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*

Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:21 PM

man thats cool. Maybe for some kind of film company? I once tried to sell those metal die cut cards to an employer. Didn't go for it, for two reasons, one was that its to expensive to make, i think i was a buck a card. The other reason was that he cut himself with a rough edge of the card... But it sure did stand out...

#19 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:57 PM

the other reason was that he cut himself with a rough edge of the card...

hahahaha

#20 curvabezier

curvabezier

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:51 PM

Thats just a great card for a designer... speaks of having the exact amount of disregarding rules without going too far. : )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users