• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 slbergh

slbergh

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:29 AM

This is one of my all-time favorites. I can't even comprehend the amount of work that went into it!

bertmonroy

Posted Image

#2 RubyBlue

RubyBlue

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:39 AM

I'm always in awe of this type of work (actually, I don't think I've seen something quite as detailed..) but I can't help but ask myself why this specific image.. Probably the geometrical look has eased the work a little bit. The effort that went into it might be relative as well, I think there are inside-tricks to get the computer do some of the work automatically. That or someone's trying to get in the Guinness Book ;)

#3 Panama

Panama

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:55 AM

Holy Hell...

#4 Bumblebee_Dsgn

Bumblebee_Dsgn

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:45 AM

simply awesome!

#5 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:18 AM

That guy got way too much time to waste. WTH 1,7 GB for the picture file? I would had choosen to work with Illustrator though. Maybe if I eve got time I would want to do something like this too but in Illustrator and then make flash file that you can zoom in and out.

#6 geek

geek

Guru

• Designer
  • 436 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:09 AM

This kind of designer or artist has a lot of capital (money) to run through projects. Not a typical day designer that needs to work and solve problems fast.

His skills is more needed in architectural and advertising industry. He just found a niche (with big bucks) that will satisfy his senses.

If given much time and compensation. Everyone of us can do the same or could be greater than him :)

#7 slbergh

slbergh

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:08 PM

If given much time and compensation. Everyone of us can do the same or could be greater than him

For some of us, it would be much, much, much time!! If it took him a year to do this, count me in for about 4 years.
There are two different kinds of people in this world: those who finish what they start, and
---Brad Ramsey

#8 architorch

architorch

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:58 PM

This is incredible. Great vision required for projects like this. I admire the patience and attention to detail.

I also respectfully disagree that money and time are the only operative elements present here. I consider myself a skilled designer, but I could never discredit someone else's work in that way. He clearly has a remarkable and unique talent.

#9 cassiepryce

cassiepryce

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:52 PM

Wow!! Photo-realist portraits I can never comprehend either; they just look so perfect to have been done by hand!

#10 Ryan Young

Ryan Young

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:14 PM

his photorender package must be real expensive....the detail of the rivets shows just how far hes willing to go for realism..

#11 DixielandDesign

DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:53 AM

his photorender package must be real expensive....the detail of the rivets shows just how far hes willing to go for realism..

Ryan, I have had the distinct pleasure to spend a day with Mr. Bert Monroy. Everything you see was done in Photoshop and Illustrator with 95% being Photoshop. He takes the time and adds realism to the smallest detail. For instance a rock might end up being over 100 layers. He works in Files as most of us work with layers. You can see more of his work at Bert Monroy. If you really want to see how he does it you can visit his podcast at Pixel Perfect. Watch at least one of his videos there is one for a shirt button watch how he makes it come alive....HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Vince

Designers are meant to be loved, not to be understood. — Fabien Barral

#12 schnett

schnett

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:59 PM

whenever i try to draw something from a photo/from nature, and try to make it very detailed and realistic i feel like I'm wasting my time. but guess it can be really meditative when you really get into it.

#13 antoneofull

antoneofull

Banned

• Banned
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

I share with you this page where photorealism Excellencies are definitely impressive degree of realism that can be achieved. Enjoy it.
Photorealist Painter Meticulously Recreates City Scenes - My Modern Metropolis

#14 FEMAE

FEMAE

• Designer
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

Wow, how long did take to paint? 5 years? :D

#15 clockworkjoe01

clockworkjoe01

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:21 PM