• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 John Joseph

John Joseph

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:55 PM

Did the world economy crisis affected the advertising career?

A serious question for designers around the world

Thanks

John

• Guests

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

it certainly did... though I can't provide examples from personal experience. It first touches the richest, I guess.

#3 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

Luckily for me, my best client posted their strongest year ever.

#4 willylorbo

willylorbo

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:12 PM

I heard at tv (here in italy) that in 2009 italian companies will fund adv with a 50% more than 2008!

let's hope..

#5 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

yes.....I know first hand in my design world and definitely at my restaurant.....business is 30% down, it is time to buckle down and survive it out....definitely if you live in the US....how is it in your/other parts of the world?

#6 Jochemdv

Jochemdv

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:54 PM

No set backs till so far. Only rumors of friends not finding a job in the financial sector.
I give it another 4 months, before the shit breaks loose.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 PixelFuze

PixelFuze

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:59 AM

I have experienced some what of a hit, only about 10%. And I live in Canada, it's not as bad as the US though.

#8 Jopicasso

Jopicasso

• Designer
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:19 PM

yes.....I know first hand in my design world and definitely at my restaurant.....business is 30% down, it is time to buckle down and survive it out....definitely if you live in the US....how is it in your/other parts of the world?

it's affected in egypt
but i guess it's not lasting for long

goodluck with your business though!

#9 Jopicasso

Jopicasso

• Designer
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:23 PM

I heard at tv (here in italy) that in 2009 italian companies will fund adv with a 50% more than 2008!

let's hope..

if what u r saying is true, then we will be the luckiest, but u know what when u think about it for a second, it does make sense to spend more on advertising to save your business, depends what kind of business u run anyway
best of luck!

#10 Alealm

Alealm

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:40 PM

yes, it did, my mom has a digital printing company and it affected them cause people are too scared of spending money. And my boyfriend works for a postproduction company that is having the same problem, but i think publicity shouldn't be stopped cause if they stop advertising then pple won't buy and the circle won't break
ALE

#11 ArtbyAudree

ArtbyAudree

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:06 AM

I work for a newspaper, and I think you all may have noticed newspapers are getting thinner and thinner. I think the future of advertising is on the web. I also think that will be bad for advertising companies and good for contest sites.

Audree

#12 mik3y

mik3y

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:35 PM

lifes awesome in canada, can't complain:)
alberta to be more specific

#13 plazake

plazake

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:03 AM

I suggest you best way is Article submission and another way is do follow forums if you post in relevant category!!!
comparatif simulation taux credit auto - Taux crédit auto. Comparatif des offres! Les meilleurs taux crédit auto sont sur le net !comparatif simulation taux credit auto

#14 yossmoss

yossmoss

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:32 AM

well... at the moment i work @ a big ad company and i can surley tell that it effects the big clients alot!!!
they automaticly reduce their campaigns amount almost in half... and im talking about huge clients like coca cola and banks and stuff...
and smaller clients think 10 times B4 signing on a contract.

but as you know, there are no good times without bad times once in a while...
awaiting for the goods at the moment :)

#15 giant

giant

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:27 PM

yes that's right, but I think there will be good on next year...
hope so...

#16 Brixtonian

Brixtonian

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:13 PM

I work in advertising in london, luckily for me my agency is doing really well, we have some pretty big clients on the books who understand that advertising is necessary to keep up their profits. when the recession first hit i was working in a smaller print place which relied a lot on small business' advertising and that was hit really bad. it seems like larger companies know how to ride out a recession whereas the smaller ones get scared and shy away from advertsising, so so long as they have some large clients, advertising designers should get by ok.

#17 seanb

seanb

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:23 AM

government says the recession is over, should we believe em?

Recession is "technically" over, but employment will still see drops. My best guess is the US hits 10.3% unemployment by 3rd Qtr of 2010 before we start seeing things really trend upwards. I don't watch the foreign numbers so couldn't tell you a thing about how other countries are doing.

As for the question that started this thread - the ad market has definitely been affected by the economic problems. Ad revenue for my big site dropped nearly significantly since this mess started (thanks W for all the deregulation).

Edited by seanb, 08 October 2009 - 10:23 AM.
correction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users