• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 11:48 PM

I have had my current website for exactly one year now, and I am averaging around 250 unique hits a day. I would like to bump the 250 up to 500 - but have been unsuccesful in doing so.

Getting the 250 was a big step - it required posting my tutorials on indexing websites, getting listed in dmoz, and just getting the word out. I find many of my visitors come from people posting links on various forums - whether to see my animations or my tutorials. I am stuck though. I can not seem to get the visitor count to rise.

With all that said, I was wondering what all of you guys do in order to get visitors. I know content is a big factor, and while I may not add new tutorials and stuff frequently, I do have a decent number of them to be getting hits from google and such.

Whats the secret? How do you get the word out? Also, if you are a designer, how do you attract clients?
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

• Guests

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:52 AM

To be honest I don't know what the secret is. This is kind of magic. When my loversorfriends.com had 200 visitors a day I thought it was the maximum it could reach. And basically, I didn't do about the website, just let it drift along. And in half a year it started getting around 500 a day and right now over 2000 every day and it still looks growing. What I think is once you reached the majic level of steady 200 visitors a day, you should not worry too much about your website. Just keep working on adding and improving your content. The search engines and word of the mouth will do the rest!

#3 LoriL1212

LoriL1212

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 02:09 AM

I agree with the above... great, ever growing and updated content + lots-o-linking. Put your link everywhere you can (that is a valid place for it) - those recips are like candy to the engines :)

#4 Derek

Derek

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 10:15 AM

Getting a little paid advertising couldn't hurt either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users