• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:40 AM

I'm a pritty big automotive buff and love looking at different designs and paint schemes. I saw Mike Lavallee on an epesode of "overhaulin" on one of the discovery channels a while back and loved what he did with his airbrush.
His site Killer Paint has some really great work on it... just wish I had half that tallent with an airbrush.
If you know of any other good auto art work post it up. :D I'd love to see it.

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

Thanks rinaldidesigns

#3 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:59 PM

this is probably one of my favorites.
all the images were airbrushed on. If I can find a pic of the entire car I'll post it.
Posted Image

If you look in the gallery and then rides you can see it go through the stages and some up close images.
Posted Image

Edited by Coy, 19 March 2009 - 11:02 PM.

#4 lamdizain

lamdizain

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:14 AM

so good, love it!

#5 Brewman2010

Brewman2010

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:21 PM

Thanks Coy! That guy is awesome! I'm a fan of automotive stuff, too. Check out my car design album - let me know what you think. I'm still not to the level of Chip Foose or Mike, but hopefull I'll get there someday.

#6 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:27 PM

Thanks Coy! That guy is awesome! I'm a fan of automotive stuff, too. Check out my car design album - let me know what you think. I'm still not to the level of Chip Foose or Mike, but hopefull I'll get there someday.

really nice work. I like how foose can just draw the images and look like your renderings, that is tallent.

my two favorites of yours. all are great but these are my fav's
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Gwinchester

Gwinchester

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:09 AM

Thanks Coy!
I like the cars ,but i don´t think the website looks good.
nice work @Brewman2010!
bye

#8 bubble

bubble

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:13 AM

Not a big fan of painted cars but more of car design.
here is a website i use to look about events, news and portfolios in the car industry. one of the best out there

#9 DaniMendes

DaniMendes

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

This paintings must confuse cops, firemen and unawared people.

#10 cclark413

cclark413

• Designer
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:00 AM

Being in Charlotte, I have done numerous works within the racing industry. A good friend of mine use to be the head designer for Hendrick Motorsports. Though I do love the originality of airbrushing and it's appearance, I wanted to point out something that even you can do! Since I know I definitely, can't airbrush :( At least not yet!

Back to my friend. He had a strong knowledge in vehicle graphics and this project really showcased his artistry and experience. This was completely done in Photoshop & Illustrator. The key to the design was how it was applied. Through trial and error, I feel this VINYL WRAP took vehicle graphics to a whole new level.

From what I remember about the project, the vinyl wrap was applied professionally in a grayscale format. Then, a couple of candy coats and clear on top was applied to give the "multiply layer" effect (you transparency junkies know what I am talking about). To my knowledge, no wrap has ever been achieved in this matter. Though, I could be wrong...

I really like the finished product. Pictures do not do the car much justice, but believe me. In person this was a real gem. If you can't tell, the photos in the underlay are from Terry Labonte's career. This is the last car he drove for Nascar.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I wish I had more close up pictures, and of better quality... but you should see what I am talking about.

Thanks!

#11 Randi

Randi

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:01 AM

Cool Site amazing work,you like auto designs if you like video games try Forza players get to design cars in great detail.

#12 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:57 PM

I agree w/ you cclark413..
The vehicle wrap has almost no limit's and it looks outstanding.. Plus if you get tired of it you just pull it off (in a sence) and put something else on. none of this sand, tape, paint, sand, paint, sand, wax ect. Plus if you get in a car accident you put new parts on and lay that section of wrap back on. :D

#13 AlexandraRonca

AlexandraRonca

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:14 PM

Like the cars. Not the website design as much. . .lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users