• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 nickels376

nickels376

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 07:09 PM

I'm not sure where to ask this, but the group of people on here seem to know how to code and make skins...

How much for a custom skin? I need a skin for my site... And I was thinking around $200.00... It needs to be customized to my site topic (A Ford Vehicle)...

Any takers?

-Dom

• Guests

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:08 AM

I would suggest starting a design contest for the skin with $100-150 as the prize and when you have the design you are looking for you can have it coded for around $50.

#3 vBMechanic

vBMechanic

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 01:17 PM

Resurepus has the right idea. If you go to a custom skin designer, the average quote you'll get for a fully customized skin will likely be between $300 and $800.

#4 Jag

Jag

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 01:34 PM

Custom: $300-$1000 (depending on graphical requirements)
Contest: $150-$200

The other pros of opening a contest is that you'll have multiple styles & people to give you ideas and designs. Instead of being limited to one person/style... Plus it could be cheaper. :)
[ My Portfolio: Design.4-Jag ]
[ Recommended Links: eKibitz ]

#5 ic3d

ic3d

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 06:28 PM

I agree with Jag $300 - $1000 depending on the grahical requirements and designers quality and experience. These are even 'internet prices' imho. Real world design firms usually charge a lot more, sometimes even a couple of hundred US dollars per hour and guess how many hours they put into skinning.. so i as well advice you to start a contest, lots of quality designers on this forum :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users