Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

T-shirt Contest Poll. Let's choose the winner!

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

Poll: T-shirt with which design would you buy? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

T-shirt with which design would you buy?

1. #77 by iondrei (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

2. #74 by locohenry (4 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

3. #73 by jecrt (4 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

4. #69 by .:FMD (7 votes [25.93%])

Percentage of vote: 25.93%

5. #54 by Vovikus (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. #51 by Afri (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

7. #50 by robert777 (5 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

8. #48 by borsi (2 votes [7.41%])

9. none of the above (2 votes [7.41%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

• Guests

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:55 AM

I have preselected the best (in my personal opinion) entries from the t-shirt contest. Let us choose the winning design together. After all the t-shirt will represent the whole community!
Multiple poll choices are possible.

#77 by iondrei
Posted Image

#74 by locohenry
Posted Image

#73 by jecrt
Posted Image

#69 by .:FMD
Posted Image

#54 by Vovikus
Posted Image

#51 by Afri
Posted Image

#50 by robert777
Posted Image

#48 by borsi
Posted Image

#2 iondrei

iondrei

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

I'm glad to take part of this from my first "participation".
Good luck to all and...have fun :)

#3 baiskee

baiskee

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 915 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:37 PM

I like the simplicity of FMD's #69. But I think the url name is kinda redundant, it could be place at the back though - top part below the collar?

Posted Image

Edited by baiskee, 12 May 2009 - 01:41 PM.

LOGOWORX

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have; rather remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.”

• Guests

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:22 PM

baiskee, thanks for a good point. Actually I forgot to mention that most of the designers will probably be able to do some minor modifications, like in the case of URL.
Except for jecrt :) He is actually open for major modifications. He has made them already. The entry he has submitted an unfinished entry by mistake and he has a presumably much better version that we haven't seen yet :)

#5 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:59 PM

Except for jecrt :) He is actually open for major modifications. He has made them already. The entry he has submitted is an unfinished entry by mistake and he has a presumably much better version that we haven't seen yet :)

maybe I should of held off a bit for my vote then... can't wait to see a better version.

TO ALL DESIGNERS.. Nice work and good luck.
There were alot of nice deisgns that weren't choosen as well; everyone did a good job.

#6 andoin

andoin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:49 AM

I was told about your website by a friend and i joined and i think it's great to have such communities around. Anyway I looked around and i found this contest.

I'll be on topic now :)

So i don't want to upset anyone or so but i have maybe misunderstood one of the designs here. I'm talking about robert777's design.
Isn't that too CONVERSE? Circle - Font - Stars - Logo in middle ?

http://hoopedia.nba....e_all-stars.jpg

This is my opinion and again i am sorry if i offend anyone with this post but i just wanted to see your opinion on this.
I'm a beginner in design and i'm learning things so that's one of the main reasons for asking this.

Good luck to all!

• Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:33 AM

I was told about your website by a friend and i joined and i think it's great to have such communities around. Anyway I looked around and i found this contest.

So i don't want to upset anyone or so but i have maybe misunderstood one of the designs here. I'm talking about robert777's design.

This is my opinion and again i am sorry if i offend anyone with this post but i just wanted to see your opinion on this.
I'm a beginner in design and i'm learning things so that's one of the main reasons for asking this.

Good luck to all!

Thanks for your input, I'd like to hear the designer's thoughts about this, because I personally have the same feelings, too me it's too converse too. But obviously other members don't see a problem with it as so far this design has got the most votes.

#8 robert777

robert777

• Designer
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:29 PM

Good luck to all!

Andoin, honestly I don't like Converse I'm wearing 'adidas' all the time:)
My design started from a wax seal http://static-p4.fot...wzuEPzcWCAv.jpg
Converse logo uses a diffrent style(clean, polished).....besides, there are thousands of companies with similar logos(circles,stars etc):
http://12counts.file...tial-color1.jpg
http://www.laalmanac...County_1887.gif
http://upload.wikime...se_Seal.svg.png
http://www.sos.state...s/gold_seal.gif
http://upload.wikime...f_Texas.svg.png
I think you get the ideea;)
my projects
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:22 PM

They do have similarities but really only because it's confined in a circle and the text is somewhat similart (still different). Actually take a look at the converse logo. it's simply a circle with a star for the most part. Roberts has a broken circle and the starts are simply there to seperate text.
I pointed this out also, but after looking at the converse and roberts design side by side, they are actually completely different. It's the eyes that make you think converse cause you see the stars in a circle w/ plain text. my $.02

#10 andoin

andoin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:58 PM

Hello all again! :)

robert777 i am aware that converse doesn't have the only coin like logo in the world, but still as Coy sais...the eyes make me think CONVERSE cos it has elements alike: the font and stars (at least). And isn't that the point of a design, to be something else and not make you think of another?
You maybe didn't use the whole ideea of converse but it was enough to make me and some others to think of it. Which can be a good strategy if you think of it in another way. :) The converse stamp is a sure thing, it's been around for a while and we certainly know that a lot of people are aware of the brand and that they would recognise the stamp.
It don't have to wear the product to like it's logo or comunication, no?
I am sorry if i am persistant or annoing but still i am intrigued. :)

have a nice one!

#11 .:FMD

.:FMD

• Designer
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:07 PM

I like the simplicity of FMD's #69. But I think the url name is kinda redundant, it could be place at the back though - top part below the collar?

Posted Image

Excellent Idea! I think it would be great, people would be intrigued by the logo and wonder as you are walking by...what is that...then as you walk by they turn and see the URL. Although now that i think of it...people may miss the URL if on back, but thats debatable.

I was not sure if we were able to use front and back? I did however want the URL in there just because no one will know what design contest is if you just where the shirt without the URL or the .net . I think having the URL should be a must if you want to also market the website for future members/CH's .

#12 robert777

robert777

• Designer
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:31 PM

Hello all again! :)

robert777 i am aware that converse doesn't have the only coin like logo in the world, but still as Coy sais...the eyes make me think CONVERSE cos it has elements alike: the font and stars (at least). And isn't that the point of a design, to be something else and not make you think of another?
You maybe didn't use the whole ideea of converse but it was enough to make me and some others to think of it. Which can be a good strategy if you think of it in another way. :) The converse stamp is a sure thing, it's been around for a while and we certainly know that a lot of people are aware of the brand and that they would recognise the stamp.
It don't have to wear the product to like it's logo or comunication, no?
I am sorry if i am persistant or annoing but still i am intrigued. :)

have a nice one!

Please read my post #8 again. Thanks
my projects
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#13 andoin

andoin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:10 PM

:confused:

Well then...the problem must be with my eyes...Ok...i rest my case.

Good luck to all!

#14 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:11 PM

:confused:

Well then...the problem must be with my eyes...Ok...i rest my case.

Good luck to all!

LOL...

that is all.. have a great day. :cool:

andoin this may help you.. not even close
Posted Image

Edited by Coy, 15 May 2009 - 05:22 PM.

#15 iondrei

iondrei

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:00 PM

hello to all...i would go with andoin on this.

I've been working with logos and brands for some time now...and it doesn't matter how small a design is...for it to be remembered it needs to be original/unique. As long as it looks like another or even brings tought in the human head of another then that brand is in the shadow of the bigger one. so it's going to be more like "look it's that brand that looks like converse".(this is the short version)
I am not saying it is identical and i don't think andoin is either. It brings of it and it certainly made him think about it and maybe others.

I am not getting in the middle of anything here i just felt like andoin has a point and is all alone in the discusion and doesn't really know how to explain his point.
No Offence andoin but you said it yourself..."I'm a beginner in design and i'm learning things so that's one of the main reasons for asking this". :)

Have a nice day everyone!
And good luck to all of you.

#16 .:FMD

• Designer
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:21 PM

Thanks to all that voted for me :D

Everyone did a great job, there were definitely some excellent designs chosen. I am even surprised myself that I won.

So whats next resurepus? I make revisions?

• Guests

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:01 AM

So whats next resurepus? I make revisions?

First of all, congratulations! You are the winner of the 2009 t-shirt community contest. It was not easy, the sweeter it is to win :)

Also I would like to thank all the designers who have participated in the contest and who supported their favorites in the poll.

What's next? Well, I will definitely need the vector files, but if you are willing to do modifications, why don't we just try to combine the site name and the URL. I mean, could you try "DesignContest.net" insead of "DesignContest/www.DesignContest.com". But anyway, we can continue this discussion via email ( [email protected] ).

#18 baiskee

baiskee

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:08 PM

yeah, good point on DesignContest.net that way, no need to have an url at the back.

Congrats FMD!
LOGOWORX

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have; rather remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.”

#19 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:33 AM

Congrats!

#20 .:FMD

• Designer
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:21 AM

Thanks everyone!

Resurepus I have sent you 3 different variations of the .net . Not sure how you want to select.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users