Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Monster Sketch Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

Hey, do you feel like sketching? Here's your chance to create a unique creature using your imagination!
Check out the monster sketch contest!

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:35 PM

nice contest idea.

• Guests

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:36 PM

Thanks!
Now grab your graphic tablet and work!!! :D

#4 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:39 PM

Paper and pencil for me.. :D..
I haven't used my tablet enough to be really good at it yet. it takes a bit of getting use to. lol

quick question.. Did you want it to be converted to illustrator and finished or just the ruff sketch?

Edited by Coy, 16 June 2009 - 08:42 PM.

• Guests

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:45 PM

paper and pencil is perfect! (thanks for the question actually, I'll add that to the description)
no vectorization is required unless you think a vector rendering would work best for your monster.

#6 garf03

garf03

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:31 AM

YAHOO new contests, and is drawing!!!!

do it have to have a background history or just the 1ts thing that come to our heads

• Guests

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:52 PM

YAHOO new contests, and is drawing!!!!

do it have to have a background history or just the 1ts thing that come to our heads

sure, a background history always helps. It'll help us to understand what the monster is for you. And of course it is interesting why you see monster in that particular way.

• Guests

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:55 PM

Announcement:
I think it is kind of boring is I moderate all community contests. It is much more fun if we invite other members to do that once in a while. So this contest is moderated by .:FMD who kindly agreed to provide constructive criticism to your entries! So I guess I should let him answer your questions now.

#9 .:FMD

.:FMD

• Designer
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:20 PM

sure, a background history always helps. It'll help us to understand what the monster is for you. And of course it is interesting why you see monster in that particular way.

I agree with resurepus.

Give a little background of the monster...is it a child hood monster, is it something you see in your dreams, is it the monster that eats your socks ;), your inner monster, etc...

Not only will it give us all a good laugh or maybe sympathize with you, it will better understand why you chose your monster to look that way.

Good luck to all that submits an entry as i am looking forward to seeing everyones!

#10 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:07 PM

Announcement:
I think it is kind of boring is I moderate all community contests. It is much more fun if we invite other members to do that once in a while. So this contest is moderated by .:FMD who kindly agreed to provide constructive criticism to your entries! So I guess I should let him answer your questions now.

sounds like a good idea.... But...

we are all screwed w/ FMD providing criticism.;)

j/k.. good choice resurepus

#11 .:FMD

.:FMD

• Designer
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:35 PM

Coy...you are already eliminated...

j/k ;)

sounds like a good idea.... But...

we are all screwed w/ FMD providing criticism.;)

j/k.. good choice resurepus

#12 robert777

robert777

• Designer
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:31 PM

I just finished my "monster" but...I can't post it(I can't log in on that page...)...what should I do?
my projects
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#13 Maxson

Maxson

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:09 PM

I just finished my "monster" but...I can't post it(I can't log in on that page...)...what should I do?

Same here.

Oh, and I also cannot post in some forums, coz there's no icons/graphics. Hope this will be fixed soon.

Edited by Maxson, 20 June 2009 - 03:44 PM.

"Once you take yourself too seriously the art will suffer."

#14 garf03

garf03

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:54 PM

3rd one, i hope that problem is gonna end soon :D

#15 smack

smack

• Designer
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:19 PM

I've been trying to re-submit my final Monster (#134) but I think I'm having the same problem as Maxson and robert777. Even after logging in, when i go to the Contest Page it says I'm not logged in?

• Guests

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:06 PM

our hosting provider has updated MySQL, we are working on making all the needed modifications to the scripts. The problems will be solved shortly. Sorry for any inconvenience!

• Guests

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:59 AM

the problem is solved. please, report any other bugs you may have come across. Sorry for any inconvenience with this update.

#18 smack

smack

• Designer
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:21 PM

Where did Monster Sketch go? I was having a lot of fun with this one and seeing everybodies entries. Now it's nowhere in sight?

#19 Maxson

Maxson

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:06 PM

smack, closed contests are still there, they are just not highlighted. Click on 'community contests archive' link, you'll see.
"Once you take yourself too seriously the art will suffer."

• Guests

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:10 PM

It is here. Now the contest is in poll mode. Please, choose your favorite sketch.
It was a fun contest. And thanks to everybody who have participated!
I should also mention that this contest was the first in a series of monster sketchetch contests. Tomorrow I will post another one. The topic will be more specific. Stay tuned!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users