• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Shyflower

Shyflower

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 01:13 PM

I finally finished revamping my site. Please come have a look!

http://shyflower.com

#2 Lord_Gandalf

Lord_Gandalf

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 01:42 PM

Its a little out of whack in my Opera Browser, but looks good in IE. Good Job.

#3 Shyflower

Shyflower

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 02:56 PM

Thank you. I gave up trying to make things compliant with all browsers. If they validate and look good in IE, I just leave 'em alone. Most of my traffic (0ver 97%) comes from IE.

#4 Qeffects

Qeffects

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:40 PM

i would say its nice but it is totally wierd in firefox so i dont really know what it looks like ;)

#5 Logistikal

Logistikal

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 09:29 PM

Cool design concept, but the color scheme feels a bit off to me. And yeah, it gets real ugly in Firefox .9, heh.
Design with standards.

#6 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 10:23 PM

I like it :)

Looks great as always - the only suggestion I would have is to work with the grey links at the bottom of the page. I think they would work better as a darker shade.
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#7 Gydian

Gydian

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:48 AM

Ack! The brightness...the brightness! My eyes!!!!!!

#8 Shyflower

Shyflower

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:21 AM

Ack! The brightness...the brightness! My eyes!!!!!!

You know, I can take constructive criticism as well as the next person, but I don't need your sarcasm. If you don't have anything constructive to say, then stay out of my thread.

#9 Gydian

Gydian

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:54 AM

I meant no disrespect, however, I felt the need to express just how intense the colours you chose to use were and I could think of no other way. I'd say I used my sarcasm in a highly constructive sense considering you got the point. Keep in mind that the layout does look good...just intense colours are a complete turnoff IMHO..-_-

#10 Thy Deliverer

Thy Deliverer

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:53 PM

Personally, I don't think the colors are too bright, I just don't really like the colors. I'm also not sure if I like the idea of having the links at the top pull you down to the bottom of the page... for more links. Maybe you could have the links take you to the first page of that section and you just go from there? I don't know, but in either case, it's definitely a good start, but it could use a bit of work. :)

#11 Shyflower

Shyflower

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:10 PM

Personally, I don't think the colors are too bright, I just don't really like the colors. I'm also not sure if I like the idea of having the links at the top pull you down to the bottom of the page... for more links. Maybe you could have the links take you to the first page of that section and you just go from there? I don't know, but in either case, it's definitely a good start, but it could use a bit of work. :)

Actually, the bookmarks at the top are exactly what I want. Visitors tend to get confused by too many links in the header so I have just four. They are the sub sections of my site and each subsection has three or four links at the bottom... for people to browse after they have read the content of my home page.

I don't like pull-down menus and I am far too tired of the "techy" look-alike templates I am seeing lately at a lot of sites.

To be quite honest, I probably made a mistake posting it here. The site defines my personality, my style and what I like. It isn't meant to try to please everyone, just to try to find those who like the same things I do.

So far, its managed to find about 300 a day. :) My impressions are also up from an average of one + to an average of three per session and all my sub sections are getting a share of the traffic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users