• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 Puzo

Puzo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:48 AM

i got the chance to chat with puzo the other day on skype :) very nice person! cheers!

The same for you :)

#22 Tressley

Tressley

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:13 PM

@Puzo: Hey man, I think the centering needs to be adjusted a little bit to the left and I'd wait to pass your portfolio around until you have a few more sites lined up.

Other than that, great work and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

#23 rapanui

rapanui

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:28 AM

Cool site and nice designs, I like the grunge feel it has.

Yes your portfolio is very nice. But I do agree with jjyepez. It is very dark. Try is with a light patterned background, or even go white. It would really make the sites you've done pop off the page.

I also have to agree with jjyepez, jmillgraphics and other users, when they say it is a bit too dark. I don't think you should go white or use a bright color since it would take away too much of the classy grunge feel of your site. I would tend to go with a grunge wallpaper style pattern or even a subtle dark wood or stone texture. I feel that would help give the site more consistency and make your work stand out more.

I also think you don't need to use a grunge font for the footer and "all rights reserved" text. This is important information and you want the user to be able to read and identify it easily. In the same way, I wouldn't put stains on the language flags icons since it makes it hard to see them and users may overlook them.

These are just suggestions but overall the site is really nice.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: design, mario, mario-design, portfolio, web page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users