• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 LisaMikie

LisaMikie

Contest Holder (P)

• Client
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:20 AM

I'm interested in posting a contest for a logo but I have a few questions and couldn't find my answers elsewhere, so I thought I would ask the group for some input.

My first question is: generally are the logo copyrights released from the winner to the 'purchaser' or mutually retained? I often release copyrights to my photos but retain the rights as well. I ask because I don't want to be restricted on how I can use my logo and any slight modifications I may see fit over time.

My second question: what format are the logos provided in. I'm somewhat savvy in photoshop but don't have much experience with html etc. Most of my website is from a template so I don't do much more than uploading jpgs etc.

My last question: I can foresee times to just use the logo and at other times to use the logo and text with the company name etc. Will I be able to use the logo for all things such as business cards, website, letterhead, envelopes, etc.

Thank you in advance.

#2 TheNutz

TheNutz

• Designer
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:16 AM

I'm interested in posting a contest for a logo but I have a few questions and couldn't find my answers elsewhere, so I thought I would ask the group for some input.

My first question is: generally are the logo copyrights released from the winner to the 'purchaser' or mutually retained? I often release copyrights to my photos but retain the rights as well. I ask because I don't want to be restricted on how I can use my logo and any slight modifications I may see fit over time.

My second question: what format are the logos provided in. I'm somewhat savvy in photoshop but don't have much experience with html etc. Most of my website is from a template so I don't do much more than uploading jpgs etc.

My last question: I can foresee times to just use the logo and at other times to use the logo and text with the company name etc. Will I be able to use the logo for all things such as business cards, website, letterhead, envelopes, etc.

Thank you in advance.

generally the logo copyrights are released from the winner to the 'purchaser'.
Logos are provided in vectorial format .ai, .cdr, .eps pdf and in any other formats that you may require (psd jpg png gif) since the vectorial format can give you the freedom to expand and contract the graphic as much as you want

You can use the logo for all the things you want, you should talk this to your designer and he will give you some basic branding guidelines for your logo.
  • sharie likes this

#3 LisaMikie

LisaMikie

Contest Holder (P)

• Client
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:07 AM

generally the logo copyrights are released from the winner to the 'purchaser'.
Logos are provided in vectorial format .ai, .cdr, .eps pdf and in any other formats that you may require (psd jpg png gif) since the vectorial format can give you the freedom to expand and contract the graphic as much as you want

You can use the logo for all the things you want, you should talk this to your designer and he will give you some basic branding guidelines for your logo.

Thanks for the info Nutz

#4 Mar Co.

Mar Co.

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:34 AM

even if you get a logo in .ai or .pdf format, you can open it with photoshop without loosing quality...it is simple just click "open with > photoshop" and choose a resolution and color mode (:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users