&nsbp;

#1 rapanui

rapanui

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:47 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm a London born, French bred Web and Graphic Designer working and living in Tokyo, Japan. I'm also an amateur Children's Book Writer, a Skateboarder, a proud husband and father of two.

It's nice to be part of and to be able to interact with this fine community of designers from around the world. I think it's a great way to stimulate each others creativity and design skills to come up with improved final pieces.

If you share my passion for design, happen to have similar interests, or just want to say hey, don't hesitate to give me a shout.

All the best,

Roscoe

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

Welcome to Design Contest..

Here are some links to help you get started.
http://www.designcon...-designers.html

http://www.designcon...pplication.html

http://www.designcon...c-contests.html

And please read ALL the stickies at the top of the forum.

#3 rapanui

rapanui

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:49 PM

Thanks Coy,

I'll be sure to check those out before I get started : )

#4 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:53 PM

Thanks Coy,

I'll be sure to check those out before I get started : )

Well I'm here to help :D

if you have a portfolio please post it up in this area -> Finished Work Showcase - Design Contest Forums

• Guests

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:23 PM

Hey, Roscoe,
Wow, sounds like you've had quite an international background! :) How is life in Tokyo? What made you move there? Where in France did you live?

Actually I am from Russia myself and have been living in France for over 5 years now. For the last two years studying at Ecole des Beaux-Arts here in Toulouse. My wife is from Japan and we may consider moving there one day.

By the way, I am going to Japan in just 10 days - on January 17 and I am going to spend the first week in Tokyo so maybe we can have a cup of coffee and chat about life and design in Japan?

#6 rapanui

rapanui

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:25 AM

Thanks for your message.

For the coffee in Tokyo, that would be great, "avec plaisir". If you give me your email address, I can send you my phone number and contact info (I just didn't want to post it directly in the forum).

In France, I have lived mostly in a small town called Bourges (2h South of Paris), but I also spent a few years studying Japanese at Le Mirail in Toulouse and I must say it's a very nice city to live in. As for Japan, well my wife is Japanese and after a few years living in Europe, mostly in France and Spain we decided to try living out here in Tokyo, and we have been here ever since. Design wise it's a great place to be in, with lots of quality designers and very fast changing trends. The intertwining of traditional culture with modernity is also fascinating.

All the best.

#7 rapanui

rapanui

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:31 AM

I just found your email address on your profile page, so I'll send you my contact info.

All the best.

• Guests

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:35 PM

Roscoe, I studied French at Mirail myself and also Arts Plastiques for a couple of years, they have a lousy Arts program...

Anyway, my email is [email protected] I'll be looking forward to hearing from you!

• Guests

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:30 PM

Hey, Roscoe, just wanted to say it again - it was a pleasure meeting you! We should have taken some pictures together I guess nobody here will believe that we've had lunch in Ginza together :)

#10 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:48 PM

I think it is so neat when forum members have meet ups. A photo critique site I am a member of have these forum member meet-ups. A mini photo vacation. Never had any of these meet ups outside of the states though : ( maybe someday

Resurepus I hope you are taking photos of the scenery (if you have time) it is always fun to see an artists eye in photos, those make for wonderful source images for some of my scenery paintings

Like us on facebook

#11 rapanui

rapanui

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:45 AM

Likewise Resurepus.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay and early best wishes for 2010 : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users