• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 glyphica

glyphica

• Designer
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:52 AM

Hello everyone ;)

Here is my current portfolio. It needs some updating and I have trouble deciding what are some of my best pieces, so they are changing constantly. I'm hoping to get some constructive feedback from you all on just the logo design and print design, since the website is a template. ( I need to learn web design! :rolleyes:)

http://www.glyphicadesignstudio.com

Thanks!
Stephanie

Edited by glyphica, 13 December 2009 - 07:57 AM.

#2 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:15 PM

Hi Stephanie

I think u made a rly good work. All logos are very fresh and clean, exactly how i like them to be :)

#3 shefshef019

shefshef019

• Designer
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

Nice work! I really like the majority of your logos, especially Mafia.org, PicCrop, another, & Cronoz. Your print materials are good too, but I'd like to see even more examples/variety.

I know you mentioned your website is from a template, but I just wanted to say that I like how your landing page offers visitors the option to view the site in Flash or HTML. I like the logo for your site, too!
Designs by Jenna Sheffler: Professional portfolio
Design Intervention: Freelance graphic and web design
Technicolor Carnival: One-of-a-kind handmade jewelry and gifts

#4 iTL

iTL

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:05 PM

hey i think all your works really nice, only thing i was thinking was the navigation of the website is really slow? maybe im just a lil too impatient :)

Good work

#5 glyphica

glyphica

• Designer
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:08 AM

Thank you all for the feedback.:D Are there any suggestions of any designs to take out that aren't strong enough, or anything you think I should add to my portfolio?

#6 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:32 PM

Very nice portfolio! I really love the simplicity and subtle quirkiness of your logos. You have a definite style (which I LOVE), and my only real critique would be to try and show a little more variety in your style, to open up to a broader clientele... absolutely love it, though! And, your own logo is pretty cool, too.
:) Brandy

#7 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:38 PM

Very nice portfolio! I really love the simplicity and subtle quirkiness of your logos. You have a definite style (which I LOVE), and my only real critique would be to try and show a little more variety in your style, to open up to a broader clientele... absolutely love it, though! And, your own logo is pretty cool, too.

I went back and looked some more - and wanted to take back my comment about variety, I see it now... so my only suggestion now would be to pepper in some of the logos from your "portfolio" section of the website into the slide show. I'm guessing other people might make the same mistake I did and just watch the slideshow, not realizing that the portfolio had different logo examples in it.

You're a very talented designer, simple yet well-planned... good job.
:) Brandy

#8 glyphica

glyphica

• Designer
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:44 PM

Thanks Brandy for the feedback... very nice of you! :) I think I do need to add a bit more variety in style in portfolio, I think you were right to begin with. I also definitely need to do more in the way of letterhead/stationary projects. Sometimes I get "stuck" when trying to creating a new and inventive stationary package that doesn't look like all the others I have already done. I'm planning on ordering a new design book for design inspiration. Anyway, thanks again for the critique. I will have to see your portfolio and review it now :p

#9 Mar Co.

Mar Co.

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:28 AM

up and down arrows should be more visible (when listing portfolio)...

#10 glyphica

glyphica

• Designer
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:05 AM

I'm not sure what your referring to??:confused:

#11 Bernadette

Bernadette

• Designer
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:00 PM

great work i like the html version

#12 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:24 AM

Hello glyphica,
I really like your site, it is refreshing and delicate.

Just one question, are all your logos for actual clients or many of them are designed just for the portfolio? btw: In any case, they are absolutly lovely ...

Best regards,
--
jjyepez

Edited by jjyepez, 03 January 2010 - 05:34 PM.

#13 Devilishboy

Devilishboy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:05 AM

Hey buddy i really like your site and work too :)

#14 jiaix

jiaix

• Designer
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:52 AM

Some minor misalignments. Add pagelinks in your thumbview list so people can easily estimate how much there really is. Split the portfolio directly to print/logo designs and put them to navbar - it's kinda wierd to go up and then choose. Make thumbs bigger.
... And disabling right-click-save and bookmarking is really-really ... khm ... stupid - it's the internet, you want to be easlily accessible, right? :p

Refreshing colours and superbly delicate company logo you have btw.

#15 insane

insane

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:26 PM

nice. I like most of the designs . Good work !!!

#16 Sasha Koshkin

Sasha Koshkin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:48 PM

Good logos, but site in popup window is b-u-e-e-e

#17 Serendipitya

Serendipitya

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:19 AM

I really liked the splash or starting page, nice color, logo is nice -reminded me of color-blinding test ;)- some of your logos were stunning and blew me off :) and i see you are managing your site n a very smooth and yet pro way. learned alot from your creativity.

note: i agree with sach about the pop up, try to think in it this way, "one browser will hold all of me much more better than throwing me to another" :D

#18 cyoungms

cyoungms

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:03 AM

I love your style. I love the fact you focus on the name of the company more than the graphics.

#19 Guest_susih.15_*

Guest_susih.15_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:31 AM

your startpage is a little bit confusing. the flash and html button is too small. and why is the logo there a button when it links to itself??

#20 ngage

ngage

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:01 PM

your work is amazing. Love your logo design.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users