Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Year 2012 is coming. What do you think about it?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:36 PM

Hi there,
I've seen the movie 2012 recently, and .. wow, but ... now, talking seriuously, I don't think such things are going to happen actually, I mean, many times in history they -the fatalists- have said the end is coming but we are still here ... I think that what Mayas meant in relation of the end of times has to do with the renewal of thoughts, consciuosness, behavior, way of thinking ... Well. There have been many moments in our lifes when we just stop and look back, what have we done so far? where have we gotten to so far? what have we achieved so far? and so on .... after those reflexions we have had the chance to remake our plans, to change our behavior and start over ... in search for a better life. ;)

So I think, my (our) destiny is not yet written! So live a good life! and when the time is about to come (whenever it is to each one of us) we will be ready to close our eyes with a peaceful smile on our face and cross the light to a better place ..... :)

Best regards, peace and love!
--
jjyepez
btw: excuse me for the writing mistakes in English, I did my best though :-) ... Best wishes for 2010.

Edited by jjyepez, 06 January 2010 - 04:28 AM.

#2 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:50 PM

cool topic! And, your English is quite good! No need to apologize!

I haven't see the movie yet, and don't really have an opinion about 2012 myself, except that I hope it's not the end of the world!

But, my mom is obsessed. Like you, she thinks there will be a shift in consciousness, belief systems, etc., but she believes it will be a result of the earth reversing polarity, north becoming south, east becoming west, etc... she thinks that in a few years she'll be living in Iceland, since it will be the new tropical location... I think she's nuts!
:) Brandy

#3 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:06 PM

cool topic! And, your English is quite good! No need to apologize!

:-) ... that is a relief. ... Thanks.

Yes, much people is talking about Mayan calendar ... and the 2012 thing ... well, clock is ticking ... what will really happen? ... who knows ...

Posted Image

Regards,
--
jjyepez

Edited by jjyepez, 05 January 2010 - 05:34 PM.

#4 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:05 PM

I'll get back to you in 2013 and let you know what I think. If I don't then the world ended. LOL

According to the "experts" it's not just the Mayan calendar but other races as well. The Native americans have cycles as well and we are in the last cycle before everything starts over again, Kinda like the dinasours became extinct so shal we and life will start over.
I can't really say I agree or disagree with any of the "facts" that has be set forth about this subject, since everything and everyone has an opinion in which can change theese facts to their own "schedual" or beliefs. If I met someone that truely had an Unbiased outlook on it weighing all areas studied and gave their opinion I might listen, but untill then I'll just keep an eye on the horizon, good or bad if it's ment to happen it will.

#5 sevehn

sevehn

• Designer
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

uhmmm ....

i think ... peeps will start thinking about what they and other peeps think - will happen ... thats what i think - thinkin' i might be thinkn' too! xD
:D
--
the best is yet to come ~

#6 sammyrafie

sammyrafie

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:13 AM

well, no one knows what's gonna happen...most of the prophecies are pointed to natural disasters, i think that can be our "heads up"

#7 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:23 AM

Following, a link to an interesting article

Curious About Astronomy?: What's going to happen on December 21st 2012?

A brief astronomical point of view by Karen Masters on January 2006.

Regards,
--
jjyepez

#8 jiaix

jiaix

• Designer
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:15 PM

Yeah ... Communism will take over the world and after administrating massive amounts of LSD we are all going to fly to andromeda as androids ...
Or maybe CERN is going to blow up and we're going to have another little Ice Age with some mighty impressive northern lights ...

Interesting times, can't wait :p

#9 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:48 AM

Yeah ... Communism will take over the world and after administrating massive amounts of LSD we are all going to fly to andromeda as androids ...
Or maybe CERN is going to blow up and we're going to have another little Ice Age with some mighty impressive northern lights ...

Interesting times, can't wait :p

LOL XD ... Yeah! Nice! specially "flying high" to andromeda ... XD ... that would be a nice topic for a community contest!

#10 pecintoha

pecintoha

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:22 PM

I did a lot of reading on this subject and all I can say is that time is really speeding up, magnetic pole is really shifting, people have really started to be more conscience, all church dogmas are really falling more each day, but it'll take us as humanity more than just 2-3 years to reach some potential and complete this evolution into better beings that will transform the world. As far as catastrophic events are considered....there is a good chance of ww3 by the end of this year but I really don't want to mess my present moment with nasty scenarios about future. :D

#11 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

Maybe in the year 2012 there will be changes. But why do people automatically think about natural disasters ? I mean, it's one of the possibilities, but not the only one.
When a change is prophesied that involves the whole world, people think of the Apocalypse. I guess that's in people's nature, or something.

When year 1000 was approaching, many people in Europe gave their possessions to the church waiting for the Apocalypse.

When year 2000 was approaching, there were many fears, involving the Apocalypse, and I'm sure you can all remember the y2k bug, right ? LOL

In conclusion, 2012 seems like an odd number to choose for a prophesied global change, and maybe that's why it just might be true. But why always the Apocalypse ? Maybe it will be a good change.

Or not...

#12 jtaM

jtaM

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:27 PM

The movie 2012 I thought was horrible. Secondly, I feel its very hard to believe anything with 2012. However, I think we may see some earth plates shift, which could cause earth quakes , volcanoes, etc...

#13 software

software

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:01 AM

Well the recent earthquakes kinda scare me off abit :(

#14 Guest_cre8ivediff_*

Guest_cre8ivediff_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

I believe that the earth (as I am sure the other planets) goes thru periods of self-cleansing. I seen documentaries (no names sorry) and read up on the whole shifting of poles, etc...and the theory of every great so often the earth wipes the proverbial slate clean. I'm not sure this is that event. I actual believe to be more of a beginning of a new age of enlightenment. as much as the planet may be...species are due for a re-aligning of their meanings and potentials and putting those pieces in place.

#15 meadec

meadec

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:22 AM

Cool topic!! I saw the movie it was pretty cool! I don't know about 2012 being the exact year but I do believe some of those events will happen. I am strong in Christian faith and believe heavily in the Bible and it does warn us of some of the events to happen upon Christ's return....
Matthew 24:3-8 (New International Version)
3As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?
4Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,[a]' and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.

This is my opinion and what I believe! Thanks for the topic!

#16 Ron Braun

Ron Braun

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:43 PM

I think most scientists believe it's hogwash . . . the current earthquakes are a bit scary, but they don't really have anything to do with anything, just the earth's usual growing pains. Here's this from the straight dope:

The Straight Dope: Does the Mayan calendar predict the end of the world in 2012?

#17 udosero

udosero

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:07 AM

I expect it to be just another year.

#18 perrycata

perrycata

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:47 AM

I think it's bullshit.no one could know when it's end of world. Maybe a new age, we could evolve or go back to ice age :) Chill out.

#19 sanjeebsks204

sanjeebsks204

• Designer
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:34 PM

The other day.. we [me n my buddy] were having a cool time in the evening when he brought up this 2012 stuff.. And believe me we had almost died of laughing .. not at the prophecies attached to the year.. but of what we both gonna do to prepare for any catastrophes ever happens on the stated date..
I had the first proposition of making a hot air balloon and flying in it to the Cape of Good Hope.. the place that has been pointed as the most unaffected place in the movie 2012.. and he said .. may be we can just climb the Mt. Everest and sit there waiting for the 21st Dec of 2012 and (as shown in the movie) when the Big ships come sailing by.. all we gonna do is jump onto one of them and lol...saved..!!! And our thoughts went over every single possible solution to get through that date ... :D

Frankly speaking.. I have a haunch that around 60% of what is shown in the movie 2012 will happen on Dec21, 2012. I also have watched a lot of documentaries and other available stuffs with regard to whatever have been predicted about the date and i do believe something gonna happen that wont be nice at all.. may be the WW3 that might happen in near future will end that day.. with some devastative effect.. may be earth will face another ice age.. and may be human race will face the ultimate fate of extinction.. may be another Crustal Displacement will happen on the Earth.. and the continents might get rearranged.. or may be not at all..

Still what ever is destined to take place on that date.. if it is bad..I wish every human being gets through that unhurt.. and if its good.. no problem then... we will definitely be wishing each other Happy new year 2013.. :D:D:D

#20 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:36 PM

I hope if there's another crustal displacement, that my house ends up somewhere with nicer weather... ;)
:) Brandy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users